Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
• Attempted residential burglary at 600 block of Fourth Avenue.
Just past midnight on Thursday a burglar tried to get into a woman’s home by forcing their way through a window. The woman screamed and the would-be intruder ran away. At around the same time on the same block, a burglar tried to get into another home by pulling and ripping at a window screen.
• Residential burglary at 1100 block of Gum Street.
On Thursday afternoon a thief or thieves got into a man’s home while he was at work and stole a half-gallon of whiskey and some raw chicken.
• Residential burglary at 2800 block of Dave Ward Drive.
At some point on Monday a thief or thieves got into a man’s apartment by using a drill on the door and stole his bed and dresser.
• Residential burglary at 1900 block of Martin Street.
At some point between 4:10 and 4:47 p.m. on Wednesday a thief or thieves got into a man’s apartment by forcing the door open and stole a 55” Samsung TV, a white Playstation 4 and a HP laptop.
• Residential burglary at 600 block of Fourth Avenue.
Late Monday night or early Tuesday morning, while a woman was sleeping in the home, a thief or thieves apparently got in and stole around $100 cash.
• Vehicle break-in at 500 block of Elsinger Boulevard.
On Tuesday a thief or thieves got into a man’s truck and stole about $6 in change and around 20 CDs in a CD case.
• Recovered stolen vehicle/methamphetamine possession at 700 block of Harkrider Street.
On Sunday night an officer noticed a 2004 Nissan Xterra make an impermissible turn. The truck turned out to have been stolen from Conway. While questioning the occupants and searching the truck, the officer found a small amount of suspected methamphetamine. Two people were arrested on suspicion of charges including theft by receiving and drug possession, and for warrants.
• Lost/stolen firearm.
A man reported that at some point on Wednesday a Ruger LCP chambered in .380ACP went missing from his backpack. He wasn’t sure if someone took it or it fell out, maybe somewhere in the downtown area.
• Motor vehicle theft at 1090 Collier Drive (Superior Nissan).
An inventory check showed a missing 2014 Murano, maroon in color. Employees weren’t sure if it was a case of theft or a paperwork mistake at the time the report was made.