The Conway City Council will meet on Tuesday night to discuss an addendum to “future-proof” firm lease contracts for corporate hangars at the new Cantrell Field airport.
The addendum was discussed by the city and the two firm leaseholders for larger corporate hangars, Allison Leasing and Bryan and Brandon Adams of Reliance Health Care Management, Inc., both of which operate Cessna twin-turbofan business jets.
Airport manager Josh Zylks said that all parties agreed that any future reduction in lease rates for future leaseholders should be applied to these first two leaseholders.
The city has received “earnest money” for corporate hangars from five other interested parties, but so far only the two have contractually committed to build large hangars.
The council will also consider approving the construction management plan for the FAA 2014 AIP grant for the Conway Municipal Airport. In other business, the council will consider:
• Resolutions requesting the Faulkner County Tax Collector place to place certified liens on certain properties as a result of incurred expenses by the City. • Approving the Pine Street acquisition and relocation expenses for the Community Development Block program.
• Approving a new Historic District Commission member to fill a vacancy ending December 31, 2014.
• An ordinance to accept grant proceeds and appropriate funds for the Historic District Commission to be administered by the Planning and Development Department.
• A request of payment for a rent subsidy related to the Conway Western Arterial Loop Project, South Interchange right of way acquisition of Tract 75.
• An agreement with Metroplan for the adaptive signal control corridors (Dave Ward Drive).
• A resolution to accept maintenance, operations, and right of way of State Highway 60 Spur (South Donaghey Avenue) from the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department.
• Ordinance to rezone property located at 1525, 1625, & 1801 Washington Avenue and 1618 Clifton Street from MF-3 to S-1.
• An ordinance to rezone property located at the 1600 Block, South Salem Road directly east of1674 South Salem Road from A-1 to R-1.
• A conditional use permit request from Sheena Ivory to allow in-home child care for property that is located at 604 South Davis Street.
• A conditional use permit request from SiteExcell to allow a 100 foot tall stealth cell tower for property that is located at 2600 Dave Ward Drive.
• Bids for a 2014 Ram Baler for the Conway Sanitation Department.
• An ordinance appropriating funds for expenses related to civil service commission entry level and promotional fire fighter and police officer testing.