The Conway City Council will meet at 5:30 Tuesday evening at the Roberts District Court Building at 810 Parkway Street to talk about roundabouts in its committee meeting before the full meeting at 6:30.
City chief of staff Jack Bell said that the highway department has tentatively planned one roundabout on Dave Ward Drive for the planned Lewis Crossing shopping center (Sam's Club) and a stoplight at Amity Road, but that the street department thinks two roundabouts work better when the intersections are close together.
In other business, the council will consider:
• A resolution setting a public hearing to discuss the closing of a 15 foot utility easement located in the Trinity Washing Subdivision Phase II.
• a resolution authorizing the City Attorney’s Office to seek condemnation for the Favre & South Donaghey Roundabout project;
• a changer order (#1) for the site sanitary sewer system project at the Conway Municipal
• an ordinance accepting and appropriating grant proceed awards for the purchase of a security system for the Conway Municipal Airport;
• an ordinance to rezone property located at 1601 Greenwood Circle from R-1 to R-2A;
• an ordinance to approve donation of computer hardware to Conway Public Schools; and
• approving the monthly financial report ending May 31st , 2014.
Click here for the full agenda.