• Faulkner County’s inaugural FA LA LA 5K and Elf Run hosted by Lip Sync for Life will be Dec. 9. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., the 5K begins at 9 a.m. The Elf Run will follow.
• City of Conway Christmas Parade hosted by Silver Linings for the ACS will be Dec. 9 at 6 p.m. This year’s theme is “The Magic of Christmas.” Lineup needs to begin around 4 p.m. in front of the Conway Police Department.
• Mistletoe Madness will be Dec. 9 and kicks off the 12 Days of Christmas Celebration that leads up to the final shopping craze before Christmas.
• The Conway Symphony Orchestra will be performing Dec. 9 at 7:30 p.m. and Dec. 10 at 3 p.m.
• The Conway Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting its annual Christmas Open House at 900 Oak St. in the chamber lobby on Dec. 14 from 2-4 p.m.
• A Christmas Carol will take the stage Dec. 19 at 7:30 p.m. at the Reynolds Performance Hall on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas.
• Conway Men’s Chorus 20th Christmas Holiday Concert on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Reynolds Performance Hall on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas. Admission and parking is free to the public. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
• There will be a Poverty Simulation from 1:40-4:30 p.m. Tuesday at McCastlain Ballroom on the UCA campus. This is an experiential setting that allows participants to view poverty from different angles. For additional information, please call Sara Roberts at 501-852-0764
• The Conway Human Development Center will hold its third annual Polar Express on Dec. 6 and 7 from 5-8 p.m. on the CHDC campus. The event is open to the public. Donations are appreciated.
• Red Curtain Theatre is putting on “Miracle on 34th Street: The Musical” the weekends of Dec. 8-10 and 15-17.
• Friends of the Conway Animal Shelter (FOCAS) will be hosting “Strut your Rescue Mutt” at the Conway’s PetSafe Dog Park on Sunday, Dec. 10, from 2-4 p.m.
• The choir of Grace Presbyterian Church, 1010 Hogan Lane, will present a Christmas concert, “Kinsman Redeemer,” on Tuesday, Dec. 19, beginning at 7 p.m. The children of the church will also perform a Nativity pageant. The public is invited.
• Arkansas Secretary of State Mark Martin will speak at the Faulkner County Tea Party Lunch from noon-1 p.m. at Larry’s Pizza. All are welcome.
• City of Greenbrier Christmas Parade will be at 6:30 p.m. This year’s theme is “Jingle Bell Rock.” In the event of rain, the parade will be moved to Dec. 4.
• Faulkner County senior center activities:
Conway — 8 a.m., yoga
Vilonia — 11 a.m., music
Mayflower — 10:30 a.m., chair exercise
• The Pioneer Village annual Old Fashioned Christmas in the Village, Searcy begins. Pioneer Village is a 501 (c) (3) organization, a part of the White County Historical Society. This event will include Santa and is good family fun with something for all ages.
• “CAMRC,” a local train club of Conway, is having a train show from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the McGee Center. Club members will be displaying and running trains.
• City of Mayflower Christmas Parade will start at 11 a.m.; floats are to arrive at the high school no later than 10 a.m.
• City of Vilonia Christmas Parade will start at 3 p.m. This year’s theme is “Movies of Christmas.” Lineup needs to be done by 4 p.m. Judging will begin at 4:15. The parade will begin at 5 p.m.
• Conway Gun and Knife Show from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission $10; children 12 and under get in free.
• Conway Gun and Knife Show from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission $10; children 12 and under get in free.