• The Funky Junk Road Show will be Dec. 8-9 from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at the Conway Expo Center
• A community dinner will be served on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 23, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church. The public is invited to attend. The church is located at 2310 E. Oak St., across from Caldwell Country Store. For more information, call the church office at (501) 327-7629.
• Illuminate will be held on Saturday, Nov. 25, from 2-7 p.m. at Rogers Plaza and Simon Park. The event will feature the lighting of the 54-foot-tall Christmas tree, rides on the giant Ferris wheel, pictures with Santa Claus, horse and carriage rides, miniature train rides, funnel cakes and more.
• Constitution 101: A Three-Part Series, finishes Monday, Nov. 20, at 6:30 p.m. at China Town restaurant in Conway.
• Constitution 101: A Three-Part Series, continues Tuesday, Nov. 21, at 6:30 p.m. at China Town restaurant in Conway.
• The annual County Intergovernmental Cooperation Council meeting has been set for Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., upstairs in Courtroom A at the Faulkner County Courthouse.
• The Salvation Army Red Kettle and Angel Tree Kickoff is scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday at the First Security Bank on Old Morrilton Highway.
• Getting Out of the Boxes: Racing Toward Communication, Connection & Community will be held on Tuesday from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Participants will come together to talk with one another and raise awareness about how race affects the economic, political and social well-being of the entire Conway community. The is event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
• The Shakespeare Club meeting will be held at the home of Frances Hendricks, 1931 Robinson, on Thursday at 1:30 p.m. Julie Adkisson will present the program “A Worn Path” by Eudora Welty. Co-hostesses are Molly Jones and Marette Stiritz.
• There will be a Red Cross blood drive from 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Greenbrier Event Center
• The Fall Star Party at Woolly Hollow will be from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at the park Visitor Center. Members of the Central Arkansas Astronomical Society will have telescopes available to view the different celestial bodies and constellations, and will be there to answer your questions. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
• Downtown Christmas Open House will be from 1-4 p.m.
• The Faulkner County Singing Club will meet at Springhill Baptist Church. Singing begins at 1:30 p.m., and the public is always invited. For more information, please call 329-5040 or 327-0198.
• Cookies with Santa will be held from 1-4 p.m. at UCA Downtown. Bring the kids and let them decorate a cookie and tell Santa their wish list! For additional information, please call Autumn at 501-450-3118.
• Faulkner County senior center activities:
Conway — 12:45 p.m. Tai Chi
Greenbrier — 12:15 p.m., Exercise
Vilonia — 12 p.m., learn to knit and crochet
Mayflower — 8:30 a.m., leisure activities
Menu: Chicken Spaghetti