• The Funky Junk Road Show will be Dec. 8-9 from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at the Conway Expo Center
• Illuminate will be held on Saturday, Nov. 25, from 2-7 p.m. at Rogers Plaza and Simon Park. The event will feature the lighting of the 54-foot-tall Christmas tree, rides on the giant Ferris wheel, pictures with Santa Claus, horse and carriage rides, miniature train rides, funnel cakes and more.
• The annual County Intergovernmental Cooperation Council meeting has been set for Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., upstairs in Courtroom A at the Faulkner County Courthouse.
• The Salvation Army Red Kettle and Angel Tree Kickoff is scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday at the First Security Bank on Old Morrilton Highway.
• Getting Out of the Boxes: Racing Toward Communication, Connection & Community will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 14, from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Participants will come together to talk with one another and raise awareness about how race affects the economic, political and social well-being of the entire Conway community. The is event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
• The Shakespeare Club meeting will be held at the home of Frances Hendricks, 1931 Robinson, on Nov. 16 at 1:30 p.m. Julie Adkisson will present the program “A Worn Path” by Eudora Welty. Co-hostesses are Molly Jones and Marette Stiritz.
• Café 52 in the Story Library is giving away free coffee and scones to veterans. The Point 94.1 will be broadcasting live and Director of Military Relations Steven Hall will be in attendance.
• Faulkner County senior center activities:
Conway — 6:30-9 p.m., dance and dessert night
Greenbrier — 12:15 p.m., bingo
Vilonia — 6-10 p.m., game night
Twin Groves — Noon, bingo
Menu: Soft beef taco
• There will be a Red Cross blood drive from 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Greenbrier Event Center
• The Fall Star Party at Woolly Hollow will be from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at the park Visitor Center. Members of the Central Arkansas Astronomical Society will have telescopes available to view the different celestial bodies and constellations, and will be there to answer your questions. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
• Downtown Christmas Open House will be from 1-4 p.m.
• The Faulkner County Singing Club will meet at Springhill Baptist Church. Singing begins at 1:30 p.m., and the public is always invited. For more information, please call 329-5040 or 327-0198.
• Cookies with Santa will be held from 1-4 p.m. at UCA Downtown. Bring the kids and let them decorate a cookie and tell Santa their wish list! For additional information, please call Autumn at 501-450-3118.