• The LiHEAP utility assistance program will close this week. The last day for interviews to be conducted is today. This program is not expected to reopen until January. For more information, call CAPCA at 501-329-0977.
• The city of Vilonia will hold a City Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 7 p.m. at 18 Bise Drive in Vilonia.
• The city of Mayflower will hold a City Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. in the Courtroom at City Hall.
• The City of Conway will hold a City Council meeting on Monday, Oct. 2, at 5:30 p.m. at Conway City Hall.
• The city of Greenbrier will hold a City Council meeting on Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building.
Drum and Dance Club: Community Drumming for Mind Body Balance will hold a performance Friday, Oct. 6, from 6-8 p.m. at the Amphitheater outside the Student Union at UCA.
• There will be a meeting about the formation of a museum focusing on the history of Pine Street school, families, churches and businesses in the Pine Street Community from 7-8 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Community Action Program for Central Arkansas will close the Summer Regular and Crisis LiHEAP Assistance Program effective Saturday. For more information in Faulkner County, please call the Administrative Office at (501) 329-3891 or go to 707 Robins St., Ste., 700 Conway, AR 72034. In Cleburne County, please contact Debbie Gilmer, community services coordinator, at 877-699-6924 or at 305 W. Searcy St., Heber Springs, AR 72543. In White County, please contact Lisa Smith, community services coordinator, at 501-279-2015 or at 1132 Benton St., Searcy, AR 72143.
• There will be a benefit barbecue lunch for Farrell Winebarger starting at noon at Lifesong Church in Greenbrier. All donations are accepted and appreciated and go to helping the motorcycle accident victim. For more information, call Vickie Frazier at 501-581-1223
• Quitmanfest is held from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. at the Quitman Sports Complex in Quitman. There will be vendors, a car show, various races and more. For more information, go to www.quitmanfest.com or call 501-589-3312
• A seminar called The Plant Outlet: Crape Myrtle Bark Scales and other Pest Issues in the Southern Garden will be held at 10 a.m. at Fellowship Bible Church at 1051 Hogan Lane in Conway. To RSVP, call 501-513-0080