The Community Action Program for Central Arkansas will close the Summer Regular and Crisis LiHEAP Assistance Program effective Sept. 30. For more information in Faulkner County, please call the Administrative Office at (501) 329-3891 or go to 707 Robins St., Ste., 700 Conway, AR 72034. In Cleburne County, please contact Debbie Gilmer, community services coordinator, at 877-699-6924 or at 305 W. Searcy St., Heber Springs, AR 72543. In White County, please contact Lisa Smith, community services coordinator, at 501-279-2015 or at 1132 Benton St., Searcy, AR 72143.
• The City of Conway will hold a City Council meeting on Monday, Oct. 2, at 5:30 p.m. at Conway City Hall.
• The city of Greenbrier will hold a City Council meeting on Monday. Oct. 2, at 6:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building.
• The city of Vilonia will hold a City Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 7 p.m. at 18 Bise Drive in Vilonia.
• The city of Mayflower will hold a City Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m. in the Courtroom at City Hall.
• There will be a meeting about the formation of a museum focusing on the history of Pine Street school, families, churches and businesses in the Pine Street Community on Sept. 28 from 7-8 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Newcomers’ Club of Conway will be holding its first Fall New Member Coffee at 10 a.m. Any Conway resident, either recent or longtime, who is interested in meeting new friends and joining new activities, is warmly invited to learn more about the club. Please call Catherine at 513-1956 or Karen at 932-6063 for more information and coffee address.
• The Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation Peer Network Group meets from 6-7:30 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church Room 217 on Prince Street in Conway.
• The Conway Shakespeare Club will hold the first meeting/luncheon of the year at noon. The members will be able to order from the menu and pay for their meal. Dues will be collected at this meeting and yearbooks will be available. The theme of 2017-18 will be “Short, Short Stories” and Rosemary Henenberg will be presenting George Saunders at this kickoff meeting.
• UCA is hosting “Civil Twilight” to commemorate desegregation of LR Central High School. This free event starts at 6 p.m. at the Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site Commemorative Garden at 2120 W. Daisy L. Gatson Bates Drive in Little Rock.