• UCA is hosting “Civil Twilight” to commemorate desegregation of LR Central High School. This free event will be held Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. at the Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site Commemorative Garden at 2120 W. Daisy L. Gatson Bates Drive in Little Rock.
• There will be a meeting about the formation of a museum focusing on the history of Pine Street school, families, churches and businesses in the Pine Street Community on Sept. 28 from 7-8 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Conway AARP Chapter meeting will be on Monday September 18, 2017, at the Conway First United Methodist Church. There will be a Pot Luck meal (11:00) , followed by Bingo (12:15) for our members and dismiss at 1:00 pm. Members & guest must be 50 years or older, arrive at 10:30 if you can help set up tables & chairs and help clean up after the meeting.
• Know Before You Go: The Costs of College Workshop will be held on Tuesday from 9 a.m.-noon at UCA Downtown (1105 Oak St., Conway). This workshop is designed for the parents of high school students, and participants will learn about the different types of financial aid, how to calculate the costs of college and how to make a plan to afford the college of your choice. This workshop is free. Please register by calling 501-450-3118.
• Conway EcoFest holds a community meeting at 7 p.m. in the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Come meet with us and find out how you can get involved and support the ninth annual outdoor festival. This year’s event is scheduled for Oct. 14 in Laurel Park. Come find out what this year’s event is all about and we hope to see you there! For more information, check us out on conwayecofest.com.
• Humane Society of Faulkner County charity BINGO from 5:30-8:30 p.m. For more information, email email@example.com
• The POW/MIA Recognition Ceremony is from 10-11 a.m. at the Arkansas State Capitol Building in Little Rock. For more information contact Andrea Fisher at 918-812-2957.
• The Faulkner County Fair Pageant and Talent shows will begin at 10 a.m. at the Conway Expo Center Expo Center.
• Hope and Compassion Ministries is sponsoring the Called Fellowship Festival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Kris Allen Stage in downtown Conway. Food, music and fun for all. For more information, call Greg Hogan at 501-514-1625.
• United Way hosts its 60th-year celebration from 2-6 p.m. at the UCA Practice Field prior to the first UCA home game. Activities include carnival games and a dunk tank. Burgers, hotdogs, cookies and drinks will be provided.
• The annual Arkansas Bikers for Children Bike Rally starts at 9 a.m. Pre-ride activities are from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Burns Park pavillion #10. Barbecue will be served. After 2 p.m., a check presentation will take place outside of Arkansas Children’s Hospital. Everyone is welcome to join, motorcyles and cars. For more information, contact Mill Martin at 501-920-3830 or ARBIKERSFC@yahoo.com