• The board of commissioners of the housing authority of the city of Conway has an opening on the board. The board meets quarterly. Interested individuals must reside within the city limits. Submit resumes by Monday, Sept. 11, at 5 p.m. Send or deliver resumes to: Conway Housing Authority, 335 S. Mitchell St., Conway, AR 72034 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Know Before You Go: The Costs of College Workshop held on September 19 from 9:00 a.m. - Noon at UCA Downtown (1105 Oak Street, Conway). Designed for the parents of high school students, participants will learn about the different types of financial aid, how to calculate the costs of college and how to make a plan to afford the college of your choice. This workshop is free. Please register by calling 501-450-3118.
• Small Business Loans Course on September 5 and 12 from 6:00 -7:30 p.m. at the Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center, University of Central Arkansas, Conway. Josh Dunlap from Arvest Bank will teach participants about various types of loans, documentation associated with loans and the steps required to complete the loan process. This is a free course. For additional information, please call 501-450-3118.
• The Arkansas Coding Academy is holding an Open House September 6 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at UCA Downtown (1105 Oak Street, Conway). Learn more about the opportunities offered by the Coding Academy.
• The Guinness World Record holder for the fastest speed for a monster truck, Raminator, will be making an appearance in Conway on Friday, Sept. 8, and Saturday, Sept. 9, at Superior Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, located at 1201 Exchange Ave. The event will provide a dynamic and family-friendly experience.
• There will be a Women’s Leadership Network Reception on Monday, September 11 from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. at UCA Downtown (1105 Oak Street, Conway). Hosted by UCA First Lady Jenny Davis, this is an opportunity for women in leadership positions to network with one another. This is a free event. Please register for planning purposes. To register, please call 501-450-3118.
• The National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees will have lunch at 11 a.m. and a meeting at noon at Town Restaurant in Conway. All active and retired federal employees and their spouses are invited to attend. For more information, call Ray Luyet at 501-327-7844 or Pam Allen at 501-327-8197.
• Thomas Stringfellow, a finalist on the farewell season of “American Idol,” performs on the Kris Allen Stage in downtown Conway as part of a Benefit Concert for Compass Academy. Prior to Thomas taking the stage at 8 p.m., local teens will be performing.