• May 6 — Toad Suck Daze Run 2017 at 8 a.m. (10K/5K Run, Conway). Visit http://www.toadsuckrun.com/register/ to register for this event.
• May 6 — The VW & Classy Classics car show from 10-3:00 p.m. This event is free and open to the public. Event has vendor spaces available. There are free outside booths for nonprofit organizations. The family friendly show will offer live entertainment, food, door prizes and great cars. Vendors should call 501-920-8206, e-mail VDubShowtime@comcast.net or visit Facebook: V Dub Showtime Car Show for more information. Location: Conway Expo Center
• May 9 — Faulkner County Democratic Party will hold its Annual Donaghey Dinner at 6:30p.m. on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at the Ole Gin. Creator of Reservations are required by May 3. No tickets will be available at the door. Matt Campbell, Creator of the “Blue Hog Report” is the featured speaker. Democratic officeholders and candidates will be honored. Mary Acklin will receive the 2017 Marion Baker Lifetime of Service Award as presented by Betty Pickett. Live music provided by Fat Soul Band. Email reservations and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Online tickets may be obtained at http://faulknerdemocrats.com/donaghey-dinner-2017. Sponsorships are available at three levels.
• Al-Anon meetings from 5:45-6:45 at Grace United Methodist Church. Address: 1075 Hogan Lane, Conway
• Ladies’ Lunch Break at Second Baptist Church Student Center on Farris near Dave Ward Drive (enter off of Farris). Come and be fed both physically and spiritually from noon to 1 p.m. A meal including dessert and drink is served for $5. Nursery care is available. Call 501-730-4106 or 327-4066 to make arrangements.
• Faulkner County Republican women will not be having meeting at Smitty’s BBQ for month of May. We will attend National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 4, 2017. It begins at 11:45 at the Court House square.
• Faulkner County Tea Party guest speaker on Thursday , May 4 , is Faulkner County Prosecuting Attorney Cody Hiland . We meet at Larry’s Pizza in Conway from 12-1pm . All are welcome.
• The Community Action Program for Central Arkansas will close the Winter Crisis LiHEAP Assistance Program effective May 5. For more information in Faulkner County, please contact the Administrative Office at (501) 329-3891 or 707 Robins St., Ste. 700, Conway, AR 72034. In Cleburne County, please contact Debbie Gilmer, community services coordinator, at 877-699-6924 or at 305 W. Searcy St., Heber Springs, AR 72543. In White County, please contact Lisa Smith, community services coordinator, at 877-699-6962 or at 1132 Benton St., Searcy, AR 72143.
• National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees, 11 a.m. lunch and meeting at noon, Town Restaurant. All active and retired Federal employees and their spouses are invited to attend. Call Ray Luyet at 501-327-7844 or Pam Allen at 501-327-8197.