• Thursday — CAPCA’s Governing Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, Conway. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss program updates, committee reports and funding proposals. CAPCA serves Cleburne, Desha, Faulkner, White, Arkansas, Lincoln and Lonoke counties in Arkansas, and Tangipahoa Parish in Louisiana.
• April 29 — The Conway Garden Club will have a plant sale from 8-11 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church parking lot. The church is located at 2400 Prince St., intersection of Prince and Farris streets between Conway HS West and Chic-fil-A. Both shade and sun plants will be for sale as well as some shrubs. Also garden art, bric a brac, books and magazines.
• April 29 — First-time homeowner class from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Planning for your future as first-time homeowner is the focus of this course. Please make arrangements for lunch; a lunch break will be provided. Register for this FREE course online at https://ucaoutreach.tfaforms.net/63. Instructor: Kimberly Miller. Location: Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center
• April 29 — The McNew Cemetery annual meeting. As is custom and policy, the last Saturday in April is the date for cleaning grounds and removing leaves. All who have relatives or friends buried in the cemetery, or otherwise have an interest in it, are urged to attend. Work usually begins very early and is completed by noon. In addition to cleanup, the board of directors will present several business items to the members. Should inclement weather prevent outdoor activity, members will meet at 9 a.m. at Centerville United Methodist Church for the business session.
• April 29 — The Mount Vernon Community Cemetery will have the annual spring cleanup and decoration day from 8-11 a.m. A pot luck will be served at 11 a.m. at the Mount Vernon Community Center. Anyone with a loved one buried in the cemetery is encouraged to come and take part in the cleanup and decoration of the cemetery. Those who wish to make a donation for upkeep, mail to: Mount Vernon Community Cemetery, Bonnie Caldwell, 126 Shoemaker Circle, Conway, AR 72032.
• April 29 — A Permaculture Basics Workshop by Stefan Johnson is set at 9 a.m. at H & W Dime and Dollar Store, 659 Hwy. 225 East, Greenbrier. The event is free and donations will be accepted to handle printing costs for the handouts. The workshop is hosted by the Centerville Community Group.
• April 29 — Automotive Care 101 from 1-2:30 p.m. You will learn about safety, checking fluid levels, changing the oil, changing a flat tire and more in this free course. Register online at https://ucaoutreach.tfaforms.net/58 . Instructor: Brian Armstrong; location: Hines Service Center (714 Harkrider St.)
• April 30 — Conway Women’s Chorus Concert at 2 p.m. Location: Wesley United Methodist Church
• May 13 — Women Run Arkansas is celebrating 20 years of empowering women to put one foot in front of the other. Be a part of it and register for the 5K Graduation on May 13. The price is $25, which increases to $30 after April 30. Participants may register as walkers, runners or even participate virtually ($30.) The event is limited to 2,500 so register ASAP! Visit www.womenrunarkansas.net to register or call 501-328-9255 for more details.
• May 13 — The Faulkner County Master Gardener plant Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Conway Expo Center at 2505 E. Oak St. (Highway 64 East). A wide variety of annuals, perennials, vegetables, herbs, trees, shrubs and grasses will be on sale. Janet Carson, extension horticulture specialist, will speak at 10 a.m. Master Gardeners will provide demonstrations and advice regarding the available plants. Proceeds fund scholarships for students majoring in plant sciences. For more information, call the Faulkner County Extension Office at 501-329-8344.
• Urban Farm Project Workdays are held at 4 p.m. on Sunday Faulkner County Library, located at 1900 Tyler St.
• KUAR’s Pub Quiz from 5-8 p.m. To register for this trivia night, visit www.kuar.org. Call Liz at 501-908-9378 or Amanda at 501-428-3561 for more information. Location: Shucked Surf & Turf Shack
• Jazzersize from 9 – 10 a.m. and 5:15 – 6:15 p.m. First lesson for free. Call 501-679-6362 if you have any questions. Open to the public. Address: 5 Lois Lane
• The Arkansas River Valley Audubon Society will meet at 7 p.m. in Conway. The meeting will be at Hendrix College in the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Life Sciences, room 110, which is in the basement north hall of the building. Call 501-977-3899 for directions if needed. The program will be presented by Matt Manos, who is a park interpreter at Petit Jean State Park. Refreshments will be served and the public is invited to attend.
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets at 6:30 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-329-4341 for more information. Address: Peace Lutheran Church, 800 S. Donaghey
• Community Group Meditation, 12:30-1 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler Street, Conway. Relaxing into stillness; all are welcome to this time and place to show up as our expanded selves, beyond ideologies, open to a unifying harmony. Contact Pamela Mosley at 512-797-2850.