Central Arkansas residents wanting to mark Independence Day with fireworks and other festivities have several options to choose from on Friday.
Fireworks on the Fourth
• Centennial Valley Country Club in Conway will have a fireworks display at dark. The public is invited. Bring chairs or blankets and stake out a spot on the grass behind the clubhouse at 1600 Centennial Club Dr.
• The annual Pops on the River will be at Riverfront Park in Little Rock. Music by the Arkansas Symphony starts at 8:30 p.m., and fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. The free event draws more than 30,000 spectators each year.
Activities begin at noon in the River Market area with a classic car show, shopping, food trucks and entertainment.
• The city of Greenbrier will have fireworks at 9:15 p.m. at the baseball complex at 72 Green Valley Rd.
• The City of Guy will have a Fourth of July celebration starting at 4 p.m. at Guy-Perkins School at 492 Highway 25 North. There will be food, fun and fireworks.
• Mayflower’s Independence Day Celebration will be held July 4 at Patrick Stadium, the high school football field. Gates open at 6 p.m., and fireworks will be at dusk.
Vendors will include Wes’ Sweet Shack, Kona Ice, Jimbo’s Place and Wandering Pig.
Entertainment will include a bounce house, Slip-n-Slide, water hoop, dunking booth, John Deere caterpillar ride, face painting, as well as a performance by the Mayflower cheerleaders.
• Festivities in Maumelle will include a parade at 4:30 p.m., carnival rides, a concert and fireworks at Lake Willastein. Music will start at 8 p.m., followed by fireworks.
• The Clinton Presidential Center will have free admission all day on July 4.
• Petit Jean State Park will celebrate Independence Day with a bicycle parade, water balloon games, a kickball game, a foot race, a free guitar concert and more. Fireworks are not permitted in the park.
• The Historic Arkansas Museum, located at 200 E. Third St. in Little Rock, will have free activities Friday from 2-4 p.m., watermelon and lemonade, a parade at 3 p.m., games, music and more.
(Staff writer Rachel Parker Dickerson can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 505-1236. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)