Victim identified in suspected Lake Conway murder

Posted: June 23, 2014 - 11:14am
Photo from Jermaine Harris' Facebook.com page.
Photo from Jermaine Harris' Facebook.com page.

A man found dying by the side of a road at the north end of Lake Conway on Friday has been identified.

Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Matt Rice said that the man was Jermaine LaMont Harris/Tyus, 34, from Conway.

Harris/Tyus (Rice said FCSO records show two last names for the same person) was found by a passer-by Friday afternoon at the side of Waterfront Cove, a road running along the shoreline of the north Lake Conway peninsula. He had been shot in the back of the head. Harris/Tyus was taken by helicopter to UAMS, where he died.

Investigators are following some leads, Rice said.

The man was found unconscious and without ID. After his death, his body was taken to the State Crime Lab where he was identified by a thumbprint.

Anyone with information is urged to contact FCSO at 450-4914.

momofjordash
momofjordash 06/23/14 - 11:50 am
last name

according to his facebook page he went by "Jermaine Harris"

Igor Rabinowitz
Igor Rabinowitz 06/23/14 - 12:12 pm
And

A "Tyus" -named was in the paper in 2002

mikeng1994 06/23/14 - 12:43 pm
Faulkner County Booked

There is a Jermaine Tyus in the booked 4 different times since October of last year. 3 of the crimes were related to drugs. I'm thinking, if this is the same due, this crime is drug related as well.

I looked at the facebook page and appears to be the same man from the booked.

Bad boy
Bad boy 06/23/14 - 12:37 pm
Know.

I have three mutual friends with him on face book. One is very religious. I pray he had it together with his God. My son is his age. Just couldn't picture loosing one so young. Prayers for the family. To the haters that like to spread hate. God says " Love thy neighbor as you love yourself". No one deserves to be executed in such a cowardly manner. Public hangings for convicted murderers should be the tune.

mikeng1994 06/23/14 - 12:46 pm
I agree

While trying not to sound hateful, I will just say, if you run with pitbulls, eventually they will turn on you.

Bad boy
Bad boy 06/23/14 - 12:55 pm
See.

The way I see it is like this. Why worry about the one gone. The one that sent him is guilty of a far greater crime. He is still out there. Maybe next to you. I'd say running down the victim is useless and stupid with that fact. Use that time to look for the real thug. You know the one with the gun and no morals that is still on the street.

mikeng1994 06/23/14 - 01:58 pm
I agree 100% with what you're

I agree 100% with what you're saying. The shooter has got to be held accountable, and honestly a public hanging is not good enough. Why should he get off so easy.

Bad boy
Bad boy 06/23/14 - 02:17 pm
Save.

To save the tax payers the expense of his care for 60 years. Also to make more room in jail and prison.

Igor Rabinowitz
Igor Rabinowitz 06/23/14 - 02:42 pm
Um....

Is it not possible, upon review of clear thinking citizens such as yourselves, the shooter might be found to have acted in a justified manner?

Is it not possible the person charged with this (and perhaps, even, found guilty) would not be the person who in fact did the shooting?

mikeng1994 06/23/14 - 03:34 pm
Using my armchair CSI skills,

Using my armchair CSI skills, I'm guessing a head shot from behind may be hard to justify. Please ninja hunter, has it been that long since your last hunt?