Frank Shaw announces campaign for House seat

Posted: June 21, 2014 - 10:00am

Frank Shaw announced his intention to run for the House of Representatives, District 70, as a Democrat. This district includes part of the city of Conway and part of Faulkner and Perry counties.

“There are several reasons I have decided to run but one of them is because I am a big believer in education and our area is called ‘The City of Colleges’ for good reason. I believe we need to capitalize on our outstanding educational facilities, including our public schools, to keep our best and brightest young people here. With an educated work force we can attract good paying jobs and grow in a positive way that will help our economy now and into the future. Another issue I am passionate about is the need for facilities to help families in our communities who are dealing with addictions. I do not know of a family that has not been affected by addiction to drugs, illegal or legal, or alcohol. My own family experiences made me realize we must come up with a workable means of helping people overcome these problems through intervention before they get charged with a crime and put in jail.”

Shaw has practiced law in Conway for over 34 years and was recently named Conway’s Best Attorney. He belongs to the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association and is a charter Founding member of the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Shaw served on the Board of Visitors at the University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton for 10 years. He also served as an Adjunct Professor at Central Baptist College for twelve years. Shaw received his Juris Doctorate from the William H. Bowen School of Law, a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Central Arkansas and was an Honors graduate from Conway High School.

An active member of the community, Shaw serves as a Faulkner County Fair Parade Commissioner and is on the Faulkner County Quorum Court. He is a Toad Suck Daze volunteer and a member of the Conway Chamber of Commerce. He was a former member and Chairman of the Faulkner County Election Commission and served as President of the Wampus Cat Booster Club.

A lifelong resident of Conway, Shaw and his wife, Paige, are the parents of 2 school age children, McKenzie and Ethan who attend Conway Public Schools. Shaw is also the parent of 2 adult children, Kylee and Seth. As the father of four children, he has served as a coach in youth sports for over 25 years. They are members of Central Baptist Church where Shaw served on the Long Range Planning Committee, the Finance Committee and the Steering Committee for the Construction of the current facilities on Dave Ward Drive.

greenbrierman
greenbrierman 06/23/14 - 09:43 am
Don't do it

This article paints this guy out to be an upstanding, model citizen. Beware City of Conway and Faulkner County citizens. Things aren't always as they appear.

Igor Rabinowitz
Igor Rabinowitz 06/23/14 - 09:53 am
He's a great guy

I've known him for years; he's a prince of a guy

357 06/23/14 - 02:52 pm
In defense of the LCD, it's

In defense of the LCD, it's not an article. It's a political announcement.

Raving Bear
Raving Bear 06/23/14 - 05:56 pm
I know him and I'll be voting

I know him and I'll be voting for him.

fiddlesticks
fiddlesticks 09/24/14 - 01:53 pm
I agree with Greenbrier man

I could read between the lines about what a fake he is. I received a flyer in the mail today with his pic on it. I had always wondered who he was because I quit going to McDonald's on Wednesday mornings, because he was ALWAYS there with people gossiping about people from his church. Does he not know that only women are supposed to gossip? Why doesn't he go to Bob's Grill and join one of his gossip clubs and stop ruining my peace at McDonald's? Starbucks is quite happy that I've switched and I get tons of rewards on my gold card, and the minimal expense is worth it. I wouldn't vote for a Borg hypocrite like this if he was unopposed. I'd just pencil myself in.

Igor Rabinowitz
Igor Rabinowitz 09/24/14 - 03:34 pm
fiddlesticks
fiddlesticks 09/27/14 - 09:51 am
Thanks

I read the article about him covertly bullying his 25 years younger wife and then playing the victim and calling the police when she finally had enough and punched him. you go girl! Covert bullies AND politicians have no conscience and have defense mechanisms that mimic people with addictions. AS you can see, this is one of his fake things he says he wants to help with in the county. He's addicted to being a jerk and you can be sure anybody close to him probably has to have some vices to cope with his psychotic nonsense. People like him believe their own delusions and are not safe people.