Conway Police search for clues in the city's first homicide of the year

Posted: June 17, 2014 - 10:58am
Back | Next

Conway police are looking for whoever shot and killed a man sometime between 12:30 and 1 a.m. at the Oakwood Village mobile home park off Robins Street.

The police department’s press release reads as follows:

“Conway Police got a call shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday about a man found bleeding on the porch of his home. When they arrived at the scene at 475 Robins Street they discovered 42-year-old Francesco Trujillo dead.

“The victim’s wife told detectives that Trujillo was outside with some family members when she went to bed at around midnight. She later woke to check on him and found him lying on the porch. She called family members who called police. On scene Officers found Trujillo in a pool of blood and learned he had been shot in the chest.

“Family members told police when they left Trujillo earlier in the night he was fine and they didn’t know Trujillo had been shot until his wife called them to check on him. One witness mentioned hearing a gunshot and a car leaving the area.

“This case is still under investigation, there are no suspects at this time but detectives are following up on leads. If you have any information on this case you are asked to call Conway Police 501-450-6120 or you can text an anonymous tip to CRIMES (274637) enter the keyword Conway plus your tip.”

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 06/17/14 - 01:32 pm
Hmm

Where was the victim from? Central America? What is the likelihood that the killer was from another Central American country?

Phillip Fletcher
Phillip Fletcher 06/17/14 - 09:20 pm
UCANTBESERIOUS

Your comments are completely out of line, unfortunate, and ignorant. Francisco was a good friend. Since you will not reveal your true identity on this site, I invite you to Starbucks tomorrow on Oak Street at 5pm, so I can tell you about the life of Francisco. I hope that in hearing his story your mind will be changed.

Phillip Fletcher
I will be wearing a US Army hat so you can recognize me.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 06/17/14 - 10:37 pm
Mr. Fletcher

I asked questions about the background of the deceased. Questions that you provided no answer to. From his name I deduced he is of Hispanic descent. This newspaper has reported incidents in the past of fights/altercations in the Robins Street vicinity between people of Latin heritage. I've been told by members of law enforcement in this area of issues between immigrants from different Central American countries. They come from different countries and now live in close proximity to each other. Some of them do not like this and act out against those from other countries or regions. It's not an indictment of your friend or his character. My question was to whether this could have been culturally motivated and he a target because of his descent and not his character.

However, it's not the internet unless someone is [filtered word] off at someone else so continue to blast away at those who are seeking answers.

Phillip Fletcher
Phillip Fletcher 06/17/14 - 11:37 pm
Missing the Point

As I stated,

My invitation is open for tomorrow, 5pm at Starbucks on Oak Street and the drink is on me.

Protondecay123
Protondecay123 06/18/14 - 06:56 am
Ucantbserious

Those comments are down right racist and bigoted. You assume that because someone has a Hispanic name and lives among other Hispanics? The Spanish arrived her long before the English and there are many that have family histories of living in the United States since the 1500's. Somehow I'm not surprised.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 06/18/14 - 08:40 am
Hmm

So are you saying that Mr. Trujillo is from Spain and his ancestors have been living here since the 1500s?

I am curious and I asked where he was from because there is a slight possibility that it could be part of the motive or otherwise involved in some way. No one has answered that question.

Igor Rabinowitz
Igor Rabinowitz 06/18/14 - 08:53 am
*clears throat*

Maybe instead of accusations Fletcher et al could describe the victim here, as he proposed in his thinly-veiled threat, so that we all might better appreciate the tragedy of his loss.

As far as the name, if his last name was O'Malley and poster asked about Irish heritage, would that be "racist?"

To paraphrase: Thin skin ain't nothing to go through life, son.

mikeng1994 06/18/14 - 10:38 am
I'm not getting it

Where in these comments was there a racist remark? UCBS was only stating that thru intel from law enforcement, there maybe some type of conflict going on between people of different nationalities. A fair assessment.

Mr. Fletcher, I appreciate your friendship with the victim. I saw your interview on the news and you are sincere in that friendship. there was no ill will meant and no accusations that the victim was part of this conflict. Just possibly a victim of it.

I really felt bad for his son. Man, that was heartbreaking.

alipage72
alipage72 06/18/14 - 11:53 am
I hope for his son's sake

I hope for his son's sake they are able to find the person who did this and convict them. It is a truly painful thing to go everyday knowing the person that did something like that to a loved one is still walking around enjoying their life while you are left to pick up the pieces of yours. I didn't feel UCBS' questions were in any way negative. When something like this happens don't you want every possible scenario looked into? He made a completely sensible explanation for his questions.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 06/18/14 - 01:23 pm
Thank you, Ali.

Unfortunately this is a situation that you can understand better than anybody else here. My thoughts and prayers are with his family as well as yours. I hope every avenue is covered in this investigation and every lead followed.

I hope that his family, friends, and acquaintances have all spoken with the detectives and have provided them with many leads regarding who he associated with or who might have been harboring ill-will towards him (if any). If this was a random attack or if the attacker was unknown to the victim then that will certainly complicate things from the standpoint of developing leads to a crime that was not witnessed.