• Syndicate content

Second Conway man arrested for murder of Bigelow man

Posted: February 14, 2014 - 7:34pm

Thamous K. Miller, 23, of Conway was arrested by the Arkansas State Police and charged with the murder of Carl Dixon, according to officials with the Perry County Sheriff’s Department.

Miller is the second Conway man arrested for the murder of Dixon. On Nov. 1, Danny J. Cannon, of Conway, was arrested Nov. 1 and has been charged with capital murder and profession of firearms.

Dixon, 57, of Bigelow, was killed April 8, 2013 during what officials described as a home invasion gone wrong.

He was the owner of Dixon Equipment Services.

Dixon’s wife, Mary, was at home during the time of the invasion. She told police at the time that she couldn’t give a good description of the suspect, but she followed them.

She told KATV she heard a loud bang, immediately woke up and walked into the hallway. There, she saw a gunman and chased him for a few steps before running into the bedroom, where she found her husband.

“I started screaming when I went out of the office,” Mary said, “and I went in my office and slammed the door, and I just went to pieces.”

Both Miller and Cannon are being held without bond.

(Ricky Duke is the editor of the Log Cabin Democrat. He can be reached at ricky.duke@thecabin.net)

Momof2lovethemboth
Momof2lovethemboth 02/15/14 - 11:54 am
Dixon case

Will be glad when this is over.

Snuffy012150
Snuffy012150 02/15/14 - 10:09 am
Who was the Teacher?

Who on earth proofread this article? Better yet, what grade did they complete in school?

Momof2lovethemboth
Momof2lovethemboth 02/15/14 - 11:56 am
Proofread

I see what your saying now sorry

alipage72
alipage72 02/15/14 - 11:11 am

He asked who proofread this "article".

Momof2lovethemboth
Momof2lovethemboth 02/15/14 - 06:05 pm
sorry

I am sorry Carl Dixon is my daughters dad and I am a little emotional. Sorry Ali, I pray everyday for your family. I never knew how horrible living through something like this would be.

alipage72
alipage72 02/16/14 - 09:57 am
no worries

Please don't feel you have to apologize. My father was murdered a little over a year ago too. I know all about emotional. I hope for your family's sake that every single person involved gets caught and dealt with. It is so very hard to sit and feel like you, personally, need to do something, but can't. Good luck to you guys and I'm so, so sorry that this happened to you too.

Momof2lovethemboth
Momof2lovethemboth 02/16/14 - 02:08 pm
Justice

I knew your father Larry from many years ago, I used to take my oldest daughter Carla skating in Conway and your dad always informed me she would be fine and he would keep an eye on everyone there. I was an over protective mom :( I hope soon your family get's closure to. Larry was a great guy and a great friend! I am praying for your family.

Protondecay123
Protondecay123 02/15/14 - 01:07 pm
Someone's talking

I hope they catch them all.

Momof2lovethemboth
Momof2lovethemboth 02/15/14 - 06:05 pm
Praying for Justice

Praying they do and soon.