The Planned Unit Development Public Information Meeting scheduled Wednesday afternoon to discuss the four-building shopping center that could potentially house Cheddar’s Casual Cafe has been canceled.
The applicant, developer John Maggiore of Dallas-based Street Level Investments, has withdrawn the request for a PUD at this time, said Bryan Patrick, director of the planning department for the City of Conway.
Street Level Investments sent the City an email this morning stating that they are not ready to present their site plans for public input at this time as they are reworking the original plan.
Today’s public information meeting would have been the final step before the plans for the shopping center went before the Planning Commission at their next meeting Feb. 17.
The process will now be delayed until March at the earliest, Patrick said.
The site plans that were to be discussed at today’s meeting had already been approved by the City Streets, Permits, Fire and Planning Departments.
“If they don’t change their plans significantly we could still move forward,” Patrick said.
If significant changes are made, the adjusted site plans will have to be re-approved by each department.
Patrick said a landowner with property “adjacent” to the development showed interest in selling his property.
Contingent on that sell, the developer could be extending the site plan to include that property, Patrick said.
The original site plan shows one 19,200 square-foot building and three other buildings between 8,000 and 9,000 square feet all marked as restaurant/retail.
Staff writer Michelle Corbet can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505-1215. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)