Fire department responds to alarm on UCA campus

Conway firefighters enter Irby Hall on the University of Central Arkansas campus Friday afternoon. Assistant chief Mike Winter said crews were dispatched after a caller advised smelling smoke in the building. The cause was determined to be an overheated light ballast.

Multiple crews from the Conway Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Irby Hall on the University of Central Arkansas campus Friday afternoon.

Assistant chief Mike Winter said crews were dispatched after a caller advised smelling smoke in the building, located on Alumni Circle on the UCA campus.

Winter said the cause turned out to be an overheated light ballast.

(Staff writer Lee Hogan can be reached by email at lee.hogan@thecabin.net or by phone at 505-1246. Follow Lee Hogan on Twitter at twitter.com/LCD_LeeHogan.)

 

More

Mon, 08/21/2017 - 21:21

Yesterdays: 08/22/17

August 22

Read more
Mon, 08/21/2017 - 21:11

Roundabout: 08/22/17

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Read more
Mon, 08/21/2017 - 21:00

David Grimes: A special delivery to Frank Broyles on a special occasion

The recent passing of Frank Broyles has been noted by many throughout the state over the past week.

Read more