• Comment

Fire department responds to alarm on UCA campus

Posted: January 24, 2014 - 2:03pm
Conway firefighters enter Irby Hall on the University of Central Arkansas campus Friday afternoon. Assistant chief Mike Winter said crews were dispatched after a caller advised smelling smoke in the building. The cause was determined to be an overheated light ballast.  ERIC WHITE STAFF PHOTO
ERIC WHITE STAFF PHOTO
Conway firefighters enter Irby Hall on the University of Central Arkansas campus Friday afternoon. Assistant chief Mike Winter said crews were dispatched after a caller advised smelling smoke in the building. The cause was determined to be an overheated light ballast.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Multiple crews from the Conway Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at Irby Hall on the University of Central Arkansas campus Friday afternoon.

Assistant chief Mike Winter said crews were dispatched after a caller advised smelling smoke in the building, located on Alumni Circle on the UCA campus.

Winter said the cause turned out to be an overheated light ballast.

(Staff writer Lee Hogan can be reached by email at lee.hogan@thecabin.net or by phone at 505-1246. Follow Lee Hogan on Twitter at twitter.com/LCD_LeeHogan.)

  • Comment