• Syndicate content

Open handgun carry walk cancelled for rain

Posted: December 19, 2013 - 5:56pm

An open carry demonstration in Conway has been cancelled.

An organizer of the event called the Conway Police Department today to say that it looked like Saturday’s constitutional carry walk was going to be rained out, but another date would probably be picked.

Pro open-carry or constitutional carry demonstrations have been held in cities including Bryant, Fort Smith and Hot Springs. The demonstrations, which involve walking in public while carrying a holstered handgun, come in light of an amendment to Arkansas’ carrying a weapon statute that arguably legalizes openly carrying a handgun.

20th Judicial District Prosecutor Cody Hiland has said that his office won’t prosecute someone for merely carrying a weapon.

Comments (27)

lachowsj
lachowsj 12/19/13 - 11:26 pm

Rain

I won't back down. I'm not afraid to stand my ground. I'm there when you need me. Unless it rains.

reader
reader 12/20/13 - 11:17 am

Thanks you brave men and women in the open carry demo

I have not laughed so hard in years! So openly armed men and women are not as brave as our unarmed Postal Workers who visit every neighborhood, every day.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I've been to several Gay Pride parades in the rain, none were cancelled/postponed.

mikeng1994 12/23/13 - 07:57 am

Oh Yeah

You idiots are just yucking this one up. The gays march in the rain strictly for the hope of seeing a real rainbow, and they all have those mushroom shaped umbrellas.

mikeng1994 12/23/13 - 07:58 am

I will say this as to their

I will say this as to their dedication tho. They will leave nobody behind during the march.

crypted quill
crypted quill 12/20/13 - 07:09 am

"Rain" The Law Of Moral Causation...

"Ohhh! You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness! Ohhh! Look out! Look out! I'm going! Ohhhh – Ohhhhhhhhhh!"

-- Wicked Witch of the Wild West

ARVoiceofLogic
ARVoiceofLogic 12/20/13 - 09:31 am

LOL

The ultimate fair weather demonstration. Quite literally.

conwaygerl
conwaygerl 12/20/13 - 09:38 am

perfect weather

For a open carry watergun parade.

reader
reader 12/20/13 - 11:29 am

LOL

CG, LOL!

357 12/20/13 - 10:21 am

Good day for a rainbow parade

Good day for a rainbow parade though.

faulknerwatchdog
faulknerwatchdog 12/20/13 - 11:29 am

Morons

Clearly, none of you own guns, because if you did, you would know guns are not supposed to get wet. A responsible gun owner does not expose his weapon to the elements unless it is an extreme necessity. They could always do a Concealed Carry march, but what good would that do?

Oh, and it's supposed to do much more than rain tomorrow...it's supposed to be severe thunderstorms with possibilities of tornadoes. On second thought, it DOES sound like good weather for a Rainbow Parade.