Saturday concludes this year’s Conway ArtsFest. The schedule of activities is as follows:
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — “Capture the Light” photography exhibition by Conway Photography Club open at Conway City Hall, corner of Caldwell and Front streets.
• 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. — Conway League of Artists display in Kordsmeier storefront windows at Chestnut and Oak streets.
• 10 -11 a.m. — Lightwire Theater presents: The Ugly Duckling and the Tortoise and Hare at Reynolds Performance Hall at the University of Central Arkansas. Tickets $10 adults; $5 children, available at box office. Call 501-450-3265.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Art in the Park for ArtsFest: Many events for the whole family, including hands-on art activities for kids, such as sidewalk chalk, book-making, clay crafts and puppet theater. Kids can visit the “Instrument Petting Zoo,” hosted by Preston Palmer Studios.
Art in the Park also features the second annual ArtsFest Marketplace with local artists showing and selling their goods.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Conway Schools art exhibit opens at American Management Corporation lobby at 824 Front Street.
• 5-10:30 p.m.— Interactive sculpture: Chandelier Harps by Jen Lewin at Simon Park downtown.
• 5-10:30 p.m. — Interactive sculpture: The Pool by Jen Lewin at Alumni Circle, University of Central Arkansas campus.
• 5-7 p.m. — Worldwide Photo Walk, meeting at Toad Suck Square at 5 p.m. with other photography buffs. Take a walk and a lot of photos.
• 7-10 p.m. — Jazz in the Park Festival concluding ArtsFest at Simon Park. Scheduled performers are UCA Dixieland Band playing early New Orleans and Chicago-style traditional jazz. A community jam session concludes the night, and jazz artists and enthusiasts are invited to bring their instruments.
• 8-9:30 p.m. — Poetry: Saturday Shorts at Lantern Theater, 2021 Van Ronkle Street.