Lamey wins Conway School Board seat

Posted: September 17, 2013 - 9:03pm

Adam Lamey won re-election to the Conway School Bard following the unofficial election results Tuesday night. Lamey defeated Elenore Damico 639-163.

In Mayflower, Sherilee Holland defeated Stephen Fuller 154-121, and Jeff Duncan defeated Billy Stain 174-86.

In Greenbrier, Jeremy Riddle defeated Daryl Davis 510-159.

In Guy, James Rooney defeated Charlotte Beall 88-47.

The results will be unofficial until the Faulkner County Election Commission can certify the election. Once again, the school board election drew a much smaller crowd than those involving city and county offices. This year, Election Day was also held the same day as the Faulkner County Fair Parade with voting locations at various places around the county, but not the courthouse.

BJ Fox
BJ Fox 09/18/13 - 10:23 am
Greenbrier School Board election

I think the figures are incorrect for Greenbrier, as reported in this article. Melinda Reynolds reported Riddle winning over Davis with a vote of 510 to 159. Do you suppose someone transposed that 150 figure???

9-18-13: Thankfully, the Log Cabin now has the Greenbrier vote correct with a Riddle win!

internetwhiz
internetwhiz 09/18/13 - 08:17 am

You got it wrong again. My husband reads to me this morning, Adam Lamey is the NEWEST school board member to be elected. I said, no he's not, he's been on a long time. He says, well that's what the paper says. I say, I don't care what the Log Cabin says, he's been on the board a long time.

I look at the Conway Schools website, to find out he has served a full five-year term before this one.

I'm sure the article above will be changed online, but this is what the print version has in it this morning.

Some things aren't hard to get right. Don't tell me it's not important, just as the small number who voted is not very important. The leadership that governs our school district is involved. It's really important.

Anyway, congratulations Dr. Lamey on being RE-ELECTED! I know you will do a good job for our district.

Courtney Spradlin
Courtney Spradlin 09/18/13 - 02:27 pm
Thank you. Many people in

Thank you.

Many people in the building know that Adam Lamey has served on the school board.
He's still the newest elected board member.
Our school beat reporter position has been in transition for the last few months, and if you could, please bear with us while we get back on our feet and back on top of this area.
There was a miscommunication last night.
It has been corrected.

Conwegian
Conwegian 09/18/13 - 08:55 am
millage

There was also a vote in Conway to continue current millage - what was the vote on that?

internetwhiz
internetwhiz 09/18/13 - 11:48 am
See I told you they would change it...

Ok, it's correct online now...re-elected! At least they could say...thank you for helping us get the news right. LOL