The following are some tips to prevent dating violence:
• Consider double dates or being with a group when first going out.
• When going out, let a friend or parent know when you will be back. Tell your date you have done this so he or she will acknowledge someone is expecting you back at a certain time.
• Only drink from unopened containers or drinks you’ve seen poured.
• Never leave your drink unattended.
• Avoid group drinks like punch bowls.
• Be assertive and direct. Be straight forward about what you want, like or dislike in a relationship.
• Listen to your gut feelings. If you feel threatened, leave the situation and go to a safe place.