Conway woman dies in crash

Posted: March 20, 2013 - 9:04am

A one-car crash killed a Conway woman Tuesday afternoon, according to a crash summary from the Arkansas State Police.

Peggy Ray, 79, was driving a 2005 GMC pickup when she tried to merge onto Interstate-40 eastbound and from Arkansas 65. Her truck went off the shoulder and into the treeline.

Ray was pronounced dead at the scene.

sonicstring
sonicstring 03/20/13 - 09:38 am
little confusing.

Was this at the 125 exit area ? I'm assuming the the "treelike" was most likely a "treeline". Would this be part of the pine grove between Hendrix and interstate ?

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 03/20/13 - 09:50 am
If She

Was east bound on I-40 from HWY 65 that would be near Outback and the back side of the village.

Diogenes
Diogenes 03/20/13 - 11:28 am

That's exactly where it was

Trin
Trin 03/20/13 - 09:57 am
This area has been TERRIBLE

This area has been TERRIBLE for merging to the interstate ever since the construction started. It really needs a longer merge lane.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 03/20/13 - 11:39 am
Alot of the Time

The problem is driveres do not use the on ramp to get up to highway speed I have followed people doing 45 mph until they get up to the interstate and then speed up. You should be up to at least 60 mph before you get to the merge point.

InsGuru
InsGuru 03/20/13 - 11:44 am
It is the drivers

I had a woman make a rather rude face at me as I was exiting dave ward trying to merge to loop around as she was trying to merge to get on the interstate... I slowed down so she could merge in front and I could merge behind.... She, for some reason slowed down as well, then made a rather ugly face as we were now next to each other and neither could merge. I guess she thought she should get on the interstate going 30 and I should hit the loop around and dave ward going 60....

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 03/20/13 - 12:54 pm
Agreed

My encounters are normally the opposite. At the Dave Ward on-ramp I'll be merging onto I-40 and therefore speeding up while trying to get over. Sometimes I'll end up doorknob to doorknob with someone who is speeding up to get ahead of me so they can get on the off-ramp. I suppose some people just have a mental quirk about not letting someone be in front of them.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 03/20/13 - 01:11 pm
There Are Alot

If them on the LCD On-Line
(some people just have a mental quirks)
You want the short list or the long list?

mikeng1994 03/21/13 - 09:41 am
Your vehicle has door knobs?

Your vehicle has door knobs? Do the windows have shutters as well?

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 03/21/13 - 09:54 am
Nope

They have mini-blinds. It helps keep the sun out.