• Syndicate content

Update: Four charged following shooting near Greenbrier

Posted: March 15, 2013 - 12:40pm

James Richard Mahaney, a resident of Wilderness Road near Greenbrier, is in Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office custody following a shooting that occurred Friday.

Chief Deputy Matt Rice said Mahaney allegedly shot Charles Dowell when the two began arguing at a residence on Wilderness Road, off of Ridge Drive, north of State Highway 287.

Rice said Dowell was shot in the buttocks.

During the investigation, four pounds of marijuana and four rifles were found. Muhaney, Dowell and two other people at the residence, Shawna Ford and Michael J. Sutherland, were charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphanalia and simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms. Mahaney was also charged with battery in the first degree.

Dowell was transported via medical air ambulance, and his condition was not known at press time.

Rice said his injuries did not appear life threatening.

Comments (7)

Diogenes
Diogenes 03/15/13 - 12:52 pm

What!!

Another mafia hit in the Big G?!!

i_wonder
i_wonder 03/15/13 - 02:02 pm

The new "Big G" anthem

Oh I swear to you
I'll be there for you
This is not a drive by
Just a shy guy looking for a two ply
Hefty bag to hold my love

-- Drive By (Train)

turdferguson
turdferguson 03/15/13 - 02:23 pm

I guess he really meant it

I guess he really meant it when he said, "I'm gonna shoot your ass"!

i_wonder
i_wonder 03/15/13 - 02:32 pm

quick

Get that man some ice cream and a ping-pong paddle!

InsGuru
InsGuru 03/15/13 - 02:54 pm

"Lt. Dan! I brought you some

"Lt. Dan! I brought you some ice cream.. Lt. DAAAANNN IICCEEEE CREEEAAAMMMMMM!!! Miss, what'd they do with Lt. Dan?"
"They send him home"

c'mon man
c'mon man 03/15/13 - 02:49 pm

He was heard twice saying,

"Get off my lawn or I'll shoot!!"

Igor Rabinowitz
Igor Rabinowitz 03/15/13 - 04:50 pm

Hang on, whoa

Easy guys, you're forgetting something.

There's a game they play in Greenbrier, it's been there for many generations dating back to bored farmers looking for something to do, called "Shoot Charles in the Buttocks."

The game had two rules, and they were simple:
1- Find Charles
2- Shoot Charles in the buttocks

(Greenbrier's sister city, in Japan, has adopted a version of this game, called "Happy fun time big muscle bleed from wound jamboree go go.")

I suspect, strongly, that's what happened here, that Shoot Charles in the Buttocks was being played, in the tradition.

It's reasonable they would be playing this game, as Greenbrier having recently announced plans for Shoot Charles in the Buttocks Daze, so that it might enjoy the success of communities with celebrations based on old traditions and folk lore.

This is why most people you meet in Greenbrier are not named Charles.

So yeah, once again the newspaper has shown its liberal bias and out-of-touch reporting by forgetting all about Shoot Charles in the Buttocks traditions, and you sheeple have fallen into the trap.

i_wonder
i_wonder 03/15/13 - 05:04 pm

it's true

And in Charleston, SC they shoot people in the green briar.

WAAA WAAA WAAAAHHHHH

Diogenes
Diogenes 03/15/13 - 05:27 pm

Put me in for an XL

" We wanna buck Chuck" tee shirt please.