In other business at its 6:30 p.m. Tuesday meeting in District Court on Parkway, the Conway City Council will consider:
• A contract with Garver Engineers for design, bidding and construction services for the new 6,000 sq. ft. airport terminal for a total fee of $117,000. Rik Sowell of Conway, architect, will be paid $85,500.
• Authorizing the name change of Assistant to the Mayor to Chief of Staff. The position is held by Jack Bell.
• Nominations of Barbara Watkins and Garry Conley to the Conway Tree Board, and Tonya Musial’s reappointment to a three-year term.
• A resolution separating the Planning and Development Department into two departments, named the Planning and Development Department and the Permitting and Code Enforcement Department.
• Bids for fuels, gasoline and diesel, used by the City Engineer’s department.
• Purchase of frontage at the Northeast Corner of Prince and Salem at a negotiated cost of $210,000.
• Rezoning from R-2 to MF3, 500 S. Baridon;
• Rezoning from MF-1 to MF-2, 20 acres at 1405 S. Donaghey.
• Rezoning from A-1 to 0-1, 5.45 acres at 3725 College Ave., Back Achers Ranch.
Applicant Letitia McMaster also asks for a conditional use permit to allow a public stable, restaurant and arena/events center.
• Agreement with Crafton, Tull and Associates to provide construction documents for Rogers Plaza for a fee of $42,705.60. Funds will come from the Parks and Recreation Advertising and Promotion account.
• A low bid from Salter Construction of $262,800 for building a 1,500 square-foot free-standing support facility for the playing fields at Curtis Walker Park. The building will have a concession area, men’s and women’s toilets, a family restroom, and storage for the football and baseball programs. Funds will come from the Parks and Recreation Advertising and Promotion account.
• Increasing the staffing levels in the City Sanitation Department by two senior mechanic positions without a change in the department’s budget.
(Staff writer Becky Harris can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 505-1234.)