The Conway Area Chamber of Commerce annual meeting is set for 6:30 p.m. March 14 at UCA’s HPER Center.
Tickets, reservations and sponsorships are available by contacting Bart Shaw at 932-5405.
A highlight of the banquet each year is the honoring of community leaders in several categories. The deadline for nominations is Jan. 25.
The categories are
• Business Executive of the Year. This award recognizes executives who have displayed outstanding performance in either an individual or collaborative endeavor. They are a driving force behind the company and work to maintain an enriched business climate and an enhanced quality of life in Conway.
• Distinguished Service Award. This award was established in 1957 as the Chamber’s highest form of recognition presented to an individual or group who has rendered special service for the benefit of the community.
• Good Neighbor Award exemplifies outstanding public service to the community.
• Young Business Leader of the Year honors a community business leader age 40 or younger who has helped to create a more vibrant business and social environment for all.
• Business of the Year, in recognition of continued growth, innovation and community involvement, in these five categories:
• Outstanding Hospitality
• Outstanding Non-Profit
• Outstanding Retailer
• Outstanding Large Employer (100 or more)
• Outstanding Small Business (99 or fewer)
Nominations may be made online by going to email@example.com
(Staff writer Becky Harris can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 505-1234.)