• Syndicate content

One jailed following Friday shooting

Posted: December 17, 2012 - 2:06pm

Officials with the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office say the man suspected of shooting a man and woman early Friday was charged with second-degree battery and released on $2,500 bond.

Andrew Judd Elrod, 58, of Conway, was taken into custody following the shooting death of Charles Hooten, 39, of Conway, outside of Elrod's home on Buddy Lane around 1:30 a.m.

Elrod was charged in connection with the shooting of Debbie Ford, 47, who was also at the residence and suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

Ford was transported to UAMS Medical Center in Little Rock, where she is in stable condition.

Authorities have declined comment on the circumstances surrounding the incident and on the type or caliber of weapon used in the shooting.

No charges have been filed in Hooten's death. FCSO Capt. Matt Rice said Monday the shooting death is still under investigation.

Comments (22)

i_wonder
i_wonder 12/17/12 - 02:16 pm

so

Only battery charges?

Did someone else shot Hooten?

Megan Reynolds
Megan Reynolds 12/17/12 - 03:18 pm

Hey!

You changed clownhats!

Orayco
Orayco 12/17/12 - 02:50 pm

Why?

Why is everything hush-hush all of a sudden? That is clearly not the usual path taken by the FCSO or the PA.

tinaann
tinaann 12/17/12 - 07:26 pm

dont understand

how can someone murder someone and get out of jail right away makes no sense

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 12/18/12 - 08:49 am

Ever Hear

Of self defense both people were on his property if I tell you to leave my property even if I invited you in the first place. You must leave if I feel threatened then I can protect myself.
I have NO idea what happened here and at this point I guess neither do the cops. If one person is dead and the other in the hospital unable to tell their side of the story. My guess is they only have Elrods story and are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

lonzo1227
lonzo1227 12/17/12 - 09:16 pm

He diddnt even have time to

He diddnt even have time to go in front of a judge do they just give someone a bond that just killed a man without even going in front of a judge i wouldnt think so!

angel1967
angel1967 12/17/12 - 09:21 pm

old news

Thanks Log Cabin for finally printing something else on this unfortunately your a little late with your news! But I also wonder how he got bail without going before the judge??

lonzo1227
lonzo1227 12/17/12 - 10:03 pm

I was told it only takes $250

I was told it only takes $250 to get out on a $2500 bond .junior hooten was layed to rest today im praying for his family its just so sad and hard to understand why this man is out of jail did he even stay 1 night?

tbann0224
tbann0224 12/18/12 - 03:24 pm

disbelief

It's absolutely amazing how this man was even given the chance for bond....he needs to still be locked up. There is no excuse for taking someone's life. There is a lot to this story that I will not disclose until the investigation of my Uncle is finished. I can and will say this, he was not of any threat to this man. In fact, they were friends.:( We laid Jr to rest yesterday and that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do...say goodbye to such a great man. His fiance is recovering, but has such a long road ahead of her. I do pray that justice will be served.

I didnt do it