Homicide victim's truck located in WLR

Posted: December 7, 2012 - 7:17pm

A missing vehicle belonging to the victim of an October homicide in Faulkner County was located recently in the parking lot of a West Little Rock Kroger store, officials say.

Capt. Matt Rice, public information officer with the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office, said the 2007 Nissan Titan belonging to the late Larry Billings was found abandoned in the lot on Nov. 13 by the Arkansas State Police.

The vehicle has been sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for processing, Rice said.

The truck was discovered the same day that a press conference announcing a $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Billings' death was held.

Billings, 60, was the longtime owner of the Conway Roller Rink.

He was found dead in his home on Canterberry Gap Road Oct. 29, having suffered a single gunshot wound to the head.

Missing from his home was the truck, though officials have said there were no signs of struggle or forced entry into the home and no weapon was located at the scene. Authorities have declined comment on the type or caliber of firearm used in the shooting.

Anyone with information on the homicide may remain anonymous and should direct their calls to the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office at 501-450-4914.

(Megan Reynolds is a staff writer and can be reached by phone at 505-1277 or by e-mail at megan.reynolds@thecabin.net. Follow us on Twitter @LCDonline.)

alipage72
alipage72 12/07/12 - 08:47 pm

Megan, thank you for making this the big story on the LCD home page. I don't want anyone to forget about this until we have someone in a courtroom facing judgement.

mikeng1994 12/07/12 - 09:39 pm
Also...

I wouls just like to say beofre it all gets started, don't try and second guess why it took this long to come out with this information. I am sure there was good reason.

I hope this person left evidence behind. He needs caught and put to sleep ASAP.

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 12/07/12 - 10:52 pm
I was going to ask the same

I was going to ask the same question but this paragraph in the article caught my eye, I'm guessing it's the reason why:

"Rice said at the time of the press conference, Billings' family had not yet been notified that the truck had been found and officials have since kept that information confidential from the public."

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 12/07/12 - 10:52 pm
I was going to ask the same

alipage72
alipage72 12/07/12 - 11:21 pm
If it helps

If it helps catch AND convict the killer, those investigators can keep all the secrets from us that they want. I don't want to know anything. You don't win a game of poker by showing all your cards. All I want is the coward that killed my father caught and I want the charges to stick.

mikeng1994 12/08/12 - 10:04 am
Absolutely. If certain

Absolutely. If certain information is not revealed, maybe it will give the killer some false confidence and make them a little more accessible. If that info were to get out them they may hide deeper.

I hope, for your family, this person is caught and swiflty processed to the injection table.

moi
moi 12/08/12 - 06:41 pm
Larry's truck

Thank you someone for finding this hopefully "choice" bit of evidence.
Larry deserves our attention and concern as a victim of violence.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 12/10/12 - 01:01 pm
Need to Know

The public doesn't need to know every detail and sometimes once they have someone or question someone and they give details or let slip something not known to the general public.

DJB1971
DJB1971 12/10/12 - 01:12 pm
Well....

...I'm glad we have the FOI law in Arkansas, but I agree strongly with the provisions that exempt information related to ongoing police investigations.

In this case, and I'm certain others, the police will ask for help or information from anyone they believe could be of assistance.

Hopefully, they have or will find evidence that will lead them to Mr. Billings' killer(s).

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 12/10/12 - 01:23 pm
My Hope

Is this was a random act and in no way had anything to do with a possible Applebee's. I would feel even worse if he was killed because someone was in a hurry to make a buck from the sale of the property. Rather than just a senseless act made by a robber ETC.

I know the family doesn't care one way or the other I'm sure they just want the perp found the why is of no real matter at this point.