• Syndicate content

Robbers hit Burger King

Posted: November 14, 2012 - 11:51am
  CPD PHOTO
CPD PHOTO

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Two men robbed a Burger King at gun point at about 8 a.m. today, said Mary DeLoney, an intern at the Office of Public Information at the Conway Police Department.

The men came into the fast-food restaurant at 905 Skyline Drive, went to the bathroom and came out with bandannas covering their faces. Each had a gun, DeLoney said.

The pair forced several employees to the back room but kept one up front to empty the cash register. No customers were present at the time, DeLoney said.

"They just emptied the cash register," she said.

Police don't know the amount of money taken, DeLoney said.

The two black men thought to be in their late 20s drove away in a two-door black vehicle with a gold pinstripe. Police from various departments are searching for the vehicle, DeLoney said.

Comments (23)

Rhonda Overbey
Rhonda Overbey 11/14/12 - 12:10 pm

revised headline

Hamburglar hits Burger King.
That is all.

ArkansasRocks
ArkansasRocks 11/14/12 - 12:25 pm

I wonder if the same guys hit

I wonder if the same guys hit the Exxon station in southwest Little Rock about an hour later? They had enough time to drive from Conway and pick a spot...probably on the way home to Crime Bluff.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 11/14/12 - 12:41 pm

REALLY

You sure that is not racist

bustercanfly
bustercanfly 11/14/12 - 03:10 pm
i_wonder
i_wonder 11/14/12 - 12:46 pm

looks like some criminals

wanted to 'have it their way'.

YEAHHHHH

Trin
Trin 11/14/12 - 01:36 pm

"Today", huh? I can see I

"Today", huh?

I can see I have found my new purpose in life.......

bustercanfly
bustercanfly 11/14/12 - 03:06 pm

There is a time stamp for

There is a time stamp for every story posted, genius.

Trin
Trin 11/14/12 - 08:19 pm

Are you telling me I should

Are you telling me I should rely on every timestamp on every article to know what date they're talking about? That's laughable. Especially for when they post tomorrow's police beat today.

bustercanfly
bustercanfly 11/14/12 - 11:48 pm

You're posting on a story

You're posting on a story that was written today, and you're wondering when the event happened.

It seems to me that the online edition, which is written as breaking news happens, and the print edition, which would be sent out the day after, would have a different approach. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would be sillier if an hour after the robbery happened, the first story posted said, "A Burger King was robbed Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012." Dont'cha think?

General Disarray
General Disarray 11/15/12 - 10:03 am

Well, you ARE wrong

The articles they write for the printed paper tomorrow often get automatically posted to the website in the exact same form that it is laid out for tomorrow. Trin knows what she's talking about.

Although, it is easier to tell what today they are referring to in THIS article since they couldn't post about a robbery that happens tomorrow today.