The weekend begins with lots of activities on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 2-3. Cheers!
FRIDAY, NOV. 2
• Early voting at the county clerk’s office, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Last day for off-site voting, Faulkner County Library, Greenbrier City Events Center, Vilonia First Baptist Church and Mayflower City Hall, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Day-long mass flu clinic, McGee Center, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free. Those with insurance are asked to take insurance information so the state can supplement the cost of the clinic.
• National Association of Active and Retired Federal employees, 11 a.m., Hole in the Wall Café. Speaker: Stephen Svetz III, of community relations division of the Attorney General's office. Topic: Identity theft.
• UCA Theatre presents “The Beaux’ Strategem” by George Farquhar, 7:30 p.m., Bridges/Larson Theatre of UCA Snow Fine Arts Center. $10. Reservations: 450-3265.
• La Fiesta Orquesta Taco Supper, 5-9 p.m., Bob Courtway Middle School; orchestras from six Conway campuses will perform. Tickets for dinner, $9, adults; $5 under 12; may be purchased at the door. Dine in; take out. Silent auction.
• Early voting at the county clerk’s office, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Conway Farmers Market, 6 a.m. to noon, Main and Parkway, Downtown Conway.
• Faulkner County Museum 10th Annual Holiday Open House, Courthouse Square, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Traditional skills demonstrations, hot apple cider, gingersnaps, handmade crafts, baked goods and beans and cornbread. Model train exhibit.
• Free Community Shred sponsored by Simmons Bank and American Mobile Shredding, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Simmons Bank, 600 Salem Road. Accepting food donations for Bethlehem House.
• Fly Fishing Festival, The Village at Hendrix: 10 a.m., fly fishing clinic; 2-4 p.m., fly tying at Village Bookstore; 5 p.m., trout fishing presentation; 6:40 p.m., movie. Preferred seating, $10.
• Arbor Day, 10 a.m. to noon, Laurel Park. Adopt a tree; photos with Smokey Bear; free hotdogs; schoolchildren’s tree art on display. http://www.conwaytrees.org.
• First Saturday Trade Show, Pickles Gap Village, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Vendors, crafters and yard sales welcome.
• Day of Enrichment, St. Joseph Church Beacon of Hope Ministry, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Joseph Parish Administration Office Conference Room. Theme: “Becoming a Compasionate Presence.” Speaker: Susan McDougal, author of “The Woman Who Wouldn’t Talk.”
• Fall Festival, Well of Grace Pentecostal Church of God, Vilonia, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• UCA Homecoming Family Day: Noon: tailgating begins; 2 p.m., concessions and family games on practice field; 3 p.m., parade at Donaghey Avenue and Bruce Street on campus; 6 p.m., UCA Homecoming Game, UCA v Northwestern State University, Estes Stadium.
• Fall Festival, Guy-Perkins School Cafetorium, 4 p.m., games; 5-7 p.m., barbecue, 8 p.m., king and queen ceremony; 9 p.m., Junior Class bingo.
• Eternity House, walk-through drama, ForMor International, 496 Highway 64 E; fee, one non-perishable food item., 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Blackberry Bushes Stringband, a folk and bluegrass band, Faulkner County Library, 7 p.m. Free. 501-327-7482.
Please send items for Roundabout to Becky Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.