Officials have released few details in the ongoing investigation into a Sept. 13 shooting incident involving a 28-year-old Conway man on South German Lane.
According to the incident report, officers were dispatched around 9:35 p.m to the residence at Carriage Court apartments following a report of a man who had been shot.
After arriving at the scene and securing the area, it was determined that the victim, Marshall Andrew Fagan, had been transported by his mother to Conway Regional Medical Center for treatment of a gunshot wound to his side.
Officers reportedly taped off the area and gathered witness statements while waiting on detectives to arrive on-scene.
LaTresha Woodruff, public information officer with the department, said the man initially told investigators at the hospital that he had been shot by a Conway police officer, but declined to comment further.
Conway attorney Frank Shaw was reportedly present at the hospital on Thursday evening.
On Monday, Shaw said he had “no comment” and denied that he is representing Fagan.
“I am not representing him at this time and I will not be representing anyone in a civil suit against the Conway Police Department. I don’t handle civil cases,” Shaw said.
Woodruff said at some point in the course of the investigation, the father of the victim relayed that a third party was responsible for the shooting incident.
On Wednesday, Log Cabin staff submitted an FOI request for all field notes in the case as defined in the state Supreme Court’s ruling in Hengel v. City of Pine Bluff, but the request was denied on Thursday by Dara Tapley, assistant to police chief A.J. Gary.
“This is an open investigation and an ongoing investigation, so therefore we can only release the initial report. The supplements and all of the other stuff will be released once the case is closed,” Tapley said.