• Syndicate content

Amorous bull damages deputy's patrol car

Posted: August 1, 2012 - 12:43pm

Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to a residence on Jade Lane in Sherwood after callers reported a bull running loose through yards in the area.

The report says the bull then mounted the man and "tried to mate with him," pinning him between the patrol unit and causing minor damage to the vehicle.

The bull then left the yard and began following a truck down the road.

Two other men stopped to help catch the bull. One of them owned a pasture in the area, and the bull was lead there for safekeeping until its owner could be located.

Photographs were taken of the bull and of the damage to the patrol car.

The owner of the bull said it was the first time the bull had escaped.

The officer advised the owner of the damage to his car and the man said he understood that he could be held responsible for damages.

No further action was taken.

Comments (30)

General Disarray
General Disarray 08/01/12 - 12:53 pm

yeah

"The man said that he was not injured and did not give the officer time to get his information for a report."

I don't think I'd be giving out my name either knowing that the news of me almost getting raped by a bull would soon be all over the internet.

sevenof400
sevenof400 08/01/12 - 12:53 pm

Isn't drinking on company time frowned on Megan???

Sounds like the bull was up for some more action! Wonder if the truck felt slighted? Sounds like further action was a certainty!

Megan Reynolds
Megan Reynolds 08/01/12 - 02:53 pm

@seven

You can't make this stuff up, drunk or otherwise. Reports such as this are once-in-a-lifetime.

I hope.

sevenof400
sevenof400 08/01/12 - 03:08 pm

I thought that maybe, just maybe....

Rick was getting on you for having fewer web page hits than Scarlet over the past month so you decided to start this month off with a bang!

Just out of curiosity, how do you get the lead on this story? Did it come over a police scanner? The recording of that might have been interesting (to say the least)....

Megan Reynolds
Megan Reynolds 08/01/12 - 03:23 pm

The bull got a good lead on me.

I was actually sifting through a fat stack of FCSO reports and found it among them. I wish I could have been out on this call though. That would have been a photo worth a thousand words. Poor man. Poor car. Poor deputy watching. Awkward.

Budnmud
20999
Budnmud 08/01/12 - 03:21 pm

Did it not

Did the patrol car not have a dash cam running, that thar is internets material for sure.....

my girl friday
my girl friday 08/01/12 - 03:26 pm

(dash cams don't activate

(dash cams don't activate unless lights are activated)

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 08/01/12 - 01:04 pm

Hmm

"According to the report, a deputy arrived at the home and noticed a man slapping the bull on the head and leading him across the yard. The bull then reportedly pinned the man between the deputy's patrol car and "tried to mate with him.""

So this is what happens when you try to take the bull by the horns. You get screwed. I'll pass.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 08/01/12 - 01:18 pm

I Wonder

What Mr Cathy stance is on Bull and Man marriage and it doesn't sound like that Bull believes in safe sex either.

sevenof400
sevenof400 08/01/12 - 01:21 pm

Can you imagine...

...the prophylactic required for that?