Conway 14-year-old uses shotgun to scare off armed intruders

Posted: May 1, 2012 - 10:04am

Courtesy of KATV

CONWAY – A teenager is being called a hero by the family he protected from armed intruders early Monday morning.

Brady, 14, is a trained trap shooter who used his own shotgun to intimidate two black males who he says broke into his family's house just after midnight Monday morning.

"They both had silver revolvers pointed at me, and we just kind of pointed at each other for like three seconds and then I yelled, ‘Hey!'" said Brady, "And they and they took off running."

Nothing has been reported stolen from their house.

The full names of Brady's family are being concealed for safety purposes.

Less than 24 hours after the incident, Brady says he is slightly shaken up although he kept his cool during the tense few moments.

"It's pretty scary to be like looking death in the face and you realize how vulnerable you are all the time," he said.

His proud mother says while he is definitely young he's already shown more courage than most grown men.

"You always tell your kids don't touch guns, you know, they could hurt someone," said Angela," but if you actually teach your kids good gun safety to begin with, and they grow up around guns or grow up knowing how to use them they could save your life."

Brady has been training with guns since he was 5 and has been practicing with his own shotgun for two months.

"I'm proud of him," said Angela. "He's my hero."

She's already taking steps to make sure other unwelcome guests don't make it into the house. The locks have been changed and the security system has been upgraded.

"You name it we are doing it," she said. "So if they ever come back they're going to wish they hadn't of because we will catch them in the act."

Thanks to the quick thinking of her son, he did away with the first batch of what could be many criminals to come.

"He wants to be agent one of these days," Angela said, "so I guess he's starting young."

ohjacki
ohjacki 05/01/12 - 10:22 am
good job Brady!!

he is a hero!

IDKM
IDKM 05/01/12 - 10:36 am
wow

You hate to see someone so young be in this position, but it does sound like this young man is level headed and knows what to do.

Good for you Brady. And of course not forgetting his parents.

Glad they ran off.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 05/01/12 - 10:40 am
Bravo Brad Bravely Busting Bad Brothers Boost Bid

Where are all the GCN? GCN (Gun Control Nutjobs)
This is the reason right here to show why there doesn't need to be too much gun control (background checks before purchase fine)
But the main point is the would be robbers both had guns. And what if it had been a 14 yr old girl home alone without a gun think it would have turned out very well?
I don't think so, the only thing he could have done any better was to sling some lead down range in their direction while they were on the run.

i_wonder
i_wonder 05/01/12 - 10:45 am
yep

You tell them BuzzBy!!

How many lives did that shotgun SAVE?

I'm guessing several.

But, you'll never see that number counted anywhere.

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 05/01/12 - 10:58 am
"And what if it had been a 14

"And what if it had been a 14 yr old girl home alone without a gun think it would have turned out very well?"

Why does it have to be a girl without a gun? It could just as easily been a boy without a gun, or a girl could be a trained trap shooter as well with a gun on hand. Keep coming with the sexist comments though, it continues to show your true colors.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 05/01/12 - 11:22 am
I'll type slow

A girl without a gun would be more likely to be raped than a boy plus I would say there are a lot less girls at the sporting clay range on any given Saturday. It is about percentages not sexism.
Women raped more than men (at least reported)
Men more than women shoot guns for recreation

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 05/01/12 - 11:27 am
Yet the boy was not the only

Yet the boy was not the only one in the house, therefore your argument holds no water in this case.

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 05/01/12 - 11:39 am
AGAIN I'll type slow for you

I said what if it had been a 14 yr old girl home alone without a gun think it would have turned out very well?

What part of "WAHT IF" did you not understand and read and I also added "HOME ALONE" which from reading the article I know Brad was not home alone or unarmed, my question was AGAIN "WHAT IF" and then I gave my senerio which did make a prefectly vaild point I think, plus robbers sometimes turn into rapist given time and opportunity.

notthisboy
notthisboy 05/01/12 - 11:48 am
I would bet

I would bet a dollar to a donut that the two robbers did not purchase their guns at a store and had no kind of background check. Just proof that the whacko gun control people do not have a clue.

ConwayFan
ConwayFan 05/01/12 - 11:12 am
Great Job Brady

You are a great example of why gun-education is so important at a young age, and why responsible gun owners should always be allowed to protect themselves. You should be proud of yourself!