Earnhart announces candidacy for sheriff

Posted: January 12, 2012 - 8:09pm
Earnhart
Earnhart

Tommy Earnhart, a veteran law enforcement officer, has announced his candidacy for Faulkner County Sheriff.

Earnhart, a Democrat, is a lifelong resident of Faulkner County and has worked for the Greenbrier Police Department and the Arkansas Highway Police.

Earnhart joined the Arkansas Highway Police in 1989, earning the rank of District Sergeant and supervising 17 officers from 14 counties. During his time there, he worked as a patrol officer, a drug interdiction officer, a motor carrier safety officer, a weight enforcement officer and a hazardous materials regulations officer.

Earnhart said he wants to give the Sheriff’s office back to the citizens of Faulkner County.

“We need to remember what the department is there for,” Earnhart said. “It’s not just about putting people in jail. It’s about serving people and protecting people. I want everyone to know that you will get a day’s work for a day’s pay with me.”

Earnhart grew up and attended school in Greenbrier before serving in the military. He returned to work for the Greenbrier Police Department and the Arkansas transportation. He also attended the University of Central Arkansas.

During his time with the highway police, he worked in undercover operations dealing with criminal activities, drugs and prostitution.

“I think it’s important for the officers and deputies working in the office to be united,” Earnhart said. “I want them to feel welcome, and I want to work with elected officials.”

Earnhart pointed to the need for pay raises for deputies and the problems in the day-to-day of the office as a call to run for the office.

“If I thought everything was going well, there would be no need to run,” he said. “There are problems that need to be addressed, and there are other people that feel that way.”

lightemup
lightemup 01/12/12 - 10:04 pm
We've been needing someone

We've been needing someone like you to fill the position. It sounds like you have lots of great experience in law enforcement. It's also nice to see a candidate that wants to take better care of the deputies that are out working every day.
Good luck Mr.Earnhart! It sounds like we may have finally got a good one in the race!

Choas
Choas 01/13/12 - 12:00 pm
He won't take better care of them.

That is a tactic he is using to swing the votes of the officers in Faulkner Co. He thinks he can buy them too. I don't care who gets sherriff as long as its not him. I will start a no earnhart for sherriff group!

BigBerthaGolf
BigBerthaGolf 01/15/12 - 09:38 am
Howboutthat
Howboutthat 01/17/12 - 09:55 am
Have you read Tim Ryals bio?

timryals.com..Tim Ryals for Sheriff on facebook..

Faulkner
Faulkner 01/12/12 - 10:34 pm
Sheriff's office is big business.

Mr. Earnhart's law enforcement experiance is very impressive.

Seems that all of the sheriff's candidates have a resume with various aspects of leadership ability and law enforcement experiance. My question is which one of them has the business experiance and financial knowledge to run a multi-million dollar budget with over a hundred employees?

farmsglowfromthefiressetbuythebluecoats
I think Shock will win . Its

I think Shock will win . Its a small town everyone knows who s crooked and who s not. I dont think shock would take 50 bucks instead of writeing out a ticket ....but some do maybe it s just a rumor

whocaresanyway
whocaresanyway 01/13/12 - 09:54 am
I Pray

anyone, BUT Shock wins.

letmetellya
letmetellya 01/13/12 - 10:11 am
Thank goodness...

we've finally got someone worthy of leading our law enforcement in this county throwing their hat into the ring. I think Mr. Earnhardt would be a huge asset to this county and to the deputies. He has my vote simply because he has a far better resume as opposed to Mr. Shock, and I think he'd actually protect and serve rather than assume and harass.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 01/13/12 - 10:18 am
Sounds very promising

I'm interested in hearing more from Mr. Earnhart. The FCSO is due for a change in leadership and he may be just the man for the job.

General Disarray
General Disarray 01/13/12 - 10:25 am
Oh joy

Another Sheriff thread. This should be fun.