• Syndicate content

Latest "Booked" mugshots now online

Posted: July 14, 2011 - 3:12pm

New mugshots have been posted to the Faulkner County Booked website, available at www.faulknercountybooked.com

New mugshots are posted weekly.

Comments (20)

KitKat
KitKat 07/15/11 - 08:26 am

mugshots

Can someone explain to me why this is okay and feel so wrong? Anyone can be arrested for anything weather it is true or not. So by doing this, law enforcement could cause someone to lose their jobs, family support etc. Then if they are not convicted they have been punished for nothing. This should be against the law. Things like this is why I have absolutely no respect for law enforcement.

i_wonder
i_wonder 07/15/11 - 08:32 am

"....I have absolutely no

"....I have absolutely no respect for law enforcement."

Ironically, neither do the people in Booked.

U_know_who_it_is
U_know_who_it_is 07/15/11 - 09:56 am

@KitKat

Before you lose all respect for law enforcement, you do realize that The Log Cabin owns and publishes Booked, not "law enforcement".

dreamer
dreamer 07/15/11 - 10:13 am

It is wrong!

I think it is wrong of the paper to publish these photos!

From a personal family experience, a person can be accused of a crime, arrested and then later found to completely innocent of the charges! In fact the people who filed the charges were found to be the crooks and got the book thrown at them as a result of the investigation! It can be devastating to a person, their family and their career to have this information available in this format. It's bad enough to have to deal with such a traumatic situation and then to have it out there for everyone to see and cast judgement is morally wrong.

Remember according to the laws of our land a person is innocent until proven guilty! As long as these photos are available for anyone to see we all know judgement will be made and a person convicted before the court ever has a say in the matter.

Concerned Citizen
Concerned Citizen 07/15/11 - 10:15 am

@KitKat

U know who it is is correct. Booked is published by the Log Cabin, not law enforcement. By law, these records are in the public domain and are available to anyone who wants them. It's called the Freedom of Information Act. Therefore, law enforcement is bound by law to release the information to The Log Cabin when they request it. To not do so would put law enforcement in violation of the law.

But then, some people "have absolutely no respect for law enforcement". Are you possibly complaining because you saw your picture on-line?

Kitana
Kitana 07/15/11 - 10:33 am

well, the choice ultimately is yours...

that is why I CHOOSE not to look.

KitKat
KitKat 07/15/11 - 11:09 am

mugshots

Concerned Citizen...no I am not upset about it because my mugshot is there...it is NOT. I am not and have not been arrested to have "my mugshot" on line. Thank you for that generalization. However I a sorry that I accused law enforcement for this and not the paper. Either way I still feel it should be against the law and I still have no respect for law enforcement. As for the LCD, shame on them, Dreamer said it better than I.

KitKat
KitKat 07/15/11 - 11:15 am

mugshot

And to Kitana...I didn't look. but I know what the word mugshot means.

i_wonder
i_wonder 07/15/11 - 11:19 am

also

It is called BOOKED, it is not called GUILTY.

Most people know the difference.

mikeng1994 07/16/11 - 07:56 am

Kitkat

With your lack of respect for law enforcement, It is my deep and sincere wish that if and when you are a victim of a horrible crime that law enforcement reminds you of your stance with them and ignores your pleas for help. You do not deserve their time of day.