At their luncheon, the Conway Noon Rotary Club was pleased to present this year’s Outstanding Faulkner County 8th graders. This yearly program recognizes eighth grade students in Faulkner County who exemplify Rotary’s motto “Service Above Self.” The recognition not only honors the deserving eighth graders this year, but seeks to inspire future eighth graders to become engaged in their community and school. It is believed that civic responsibility developed at an early age usually continues throughout a lifetime. Rotarian, David Henze, is the coordinator of this ongoing program that has been a long-standing tradition for the Rotary Club.
The honorees are:
• Mount Vernon/Enola Schools: Kaylea Jobe and Chase Engdahl
• Guy-Perkins Schools: Olivia Grimes and Lane Houston
• Vilonia Schools: Kaitlyn Weaver and Ethan Janski
• Greenbrier Schools: Rachel Dixon and Colton Ray
• Mayflower Schools: Michela Ditmore and Turner Hudson
• St. Joseph School: Anna Claire Bailey and Ian Martin
• Conway Christian School: Olivia Ford and Aaron Martin
• Conway Schools: Brooke Church and Roman Greathouse
Members of the Conway Noon Rotary Club, just as all members of Rotary International the world over, live by the principles laid out in our “4-way Test.” Of all the things we say and do: Is it the truth? Is it fair to all concerned? Will it build goodwill and better friendships? Will it be beneficial to all concerned?