Man taken into custody following Monday pursuit, police say

Posted: January 28, 2014 - 3:49pm

One man was taken into custody Monday following a vehicle-pursuit involving police, according to a Conway Police Department spokesperson.

Department spokesperson La Tresha Woodruff said officers initially responded to a domestic disturbance — at an undisclosed location — and located a stolen vehicle. Woodruff said the man entered the vehicle and left the scene. The man, and vehicle, was eventually stopped with the help of spike strips on U.S. 64, Woodruff said.

Woodruff said the incident report has not been finalized, and did not have the man’s name at this time, although he was taken into custody.

No information on the speed or length of the chase could be disclosed by police as of Tuesday afternoon.

(Staff writer Lee Hogan can be reached by email at lee.hogan@thecabin.net or by phone at 505-1246. Follow Lee Hogan on Twitter at twitter.com/LCD_LeeHogan.)

setlimits
setlimits 01/28/14 - 06:44 pm
Maroon Honda SUV

I met the guy running from the conway police (about 5 of them) with a state trooper trailing. They turned off hwy 65 onto Acklin Gap and spent the next hour driving around the back roads until Faulkner County laid down the spike strips. I have to admit that the conway PD showed a lot of restraint not to ram the guy off the road earlier

UseSomeLogic1
UseSomeLogic1 01/28/14 - 11:32 pm
setlimits

Did you say Faulkner county layed down spikes? Where did you get this information? It seems that your source is a bit shakey. And are you saying that Conway's restraint is a good thing? I'm confused by your logic if so. Please respond with intelligent and factual statements only.

setlimits
setlimits 01/29/14 - 07:51 am
Logic

It was a Faulkner County deputy that laid down the spike strips. My source is the State Police.

setlimits
setlimits 01/29/14 - 07:51 am
Logic

UseSomeLogic1
UseSomeLogic1 01/29/14 - 09:27 am
setlimits

You're right, Faulkner County did deploy spikes but where unsuccessful. Your use of the words 'the spike strips' and 'until Faulkner County laid down' is misleading. The pursuit went all over the county until it reached Vilonia. Vilonia PD was successful in stopping the suspect, from the evidence I've seen. And not that it even matters, but if your going to comment on something as if it's a fact, make sure you have some kind of evidence other than gossip.

onlymyopinion
onlymyopinion 01/29/14 - 11:31 am
Funny

What does it matter who did or didn't use stripes. The point is an obviously irritated and wanted man ran from the police and was later taken into custody without innocent bystanders getting hurt. However, I do think the pursuit took way too long, after about 50 min I stopped listening to the scanner and found it odd that neither Conway nor County would communicate with each other, and Greenbrier was in the chase and it was no where near Greenbrier...LOL All in all it ended well bad guy in jail and good people of Faulkner County safe. Great job to "ALL"

Also funny that that Conway is not extending their gratitude to the assisting agencies for helping them, and acting like an individual agency instead of a effective law enforcement community. I mean there were three other agencies involved from the radio traffic.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 01/29/14 - 12:46 pm
To setlimits and usesomelogic1

HA! You two have no idea what you are talking about! Both of your stories are completely wrong. I know for a fact what happened because I was the guy being chased. The truth is that I am a pizza delivery guy who was tasked with delivery a pizza to an official with the Highway Police who was patrolling out in the county. He warned me that the other agencies would want to get his pizza so he told me to drive as fast as I could and not allow his pizza to fall into the wrong hands. I was going to make it until another pizza delivery guy deployed some bread sticks on the road and I lost control of my vehicle. I failed to make my delivery and now I have to pay for this pizza out of my own pocket.

UseSomeLogic1
UseSomeLogic1 01/29/14 - 01:00 pm
You and you and you

As I said above, it doesn't matter who did what. People who don't know what they're talking about should not act like they do. That is the point I was making. Also, I was speaking to setlimits and by no means requested your input on the matter. ucantbeserious, suitable name by the way, you must be one of those people you see being ignored when hanging out with a group of others.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 01/29/14 - 01:12 pm
Fine. Be that way.

Your next pizza will be delivered with extra spit. No charge, of course. ;)

UseSomeLogic1
UseSomeLogic1 01/29/14 - 04:12 pm
Pizza

You're right, I appoligize. I'm just upset because SOMEONE was suppose to bring me lunch but supposedly ran into some trouble on the way. Really hungry. ;)