Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
•Misdemeanor warrant arrest, East Oak Street.
Police arrested a Conway woman for several outstanding misdemeanor warrants after responding to reports of patrons who would not leave an East Oak Street hotel room.
Officers arrived at Best Western, located in the 800 block of East Oak Street, around 1:23 p.m. and spoke with the hotel manager who stated two people were inside one of the rooms and would not leave.
While speaking with an occupant inside the room, officers observed a 27-year-old Conway woman — who showed seven warrants out of Sherwood — hiding in a bath tub.
•Suspicious person report, Dave Ward Drive.
A Conway woman says she was followed home, and then encountered a black male by her vehicle early Thursday morning.
The 59-year-old victim told police she first noticed a dark-colored van behind her while traveling home around 2 a.m. The victim said a black male with a beard came up to the driver’s side of her vehicle and peered in.
The victim said the male looked at her before walking back to the van. A white male was said to be in the passenger seat of the van, according to the victim.
The victim told officers she was too scared to call police when the incident first occurred.
•Theft of property, East Oak Street.
A construction company, currently working on the widening of Interstate 40 in Conway, says a battery was recently stolen from one of its backhoes.
Manhattan Road and Bridge says the backhoe was parked at the I-40 westbound ramp by the Oak Street overpass when the theft occurred over the New Year’s holiday.
A supervisor told police other construction equipment, such as cranes, have had batteries stolen in the past. The supervisor said no one should be near the equipment after 5 or 6 p.m. each evening.
The battery was valued at $126 in the police report.
•First-degree terroristic threatening, Angeline Drive.
A Conway woman says a man she recently met on an online dating site has repeatedly threatened to harm her.
The 45-year-old victim said she met the man on www.datehookup.com in November. After exchanging messages, the victim told police she agreed to help her beau with his business, and promptly sent approximately $3,000 to various addresses in Nigeria last month.
The victim said she began to feel uneasy about sending the money while her online friend continued to demand she send more. After stating she wanted to stop, the victim said the man claimed to be a commander in the U.S. Army, and threatened to give her name and address to his team to have her killed.
The victim said she has since removed herself from the online dating site and another messenger site, but still receives threatening text messages from unknown numbers.
Police advised the victim of the warrants process.
(Staff writer Lee Hogan can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 505-1246. Follow Lee Hogan on Twitter at https://twitter.com/LCD_LeeHogan. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)