Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
• Shots fired, Dave Ward Drive. Conway police say five shell casings were found in a parking lot after responding to a shots fired call at The Grove apartment complex in the 2700 block of Dave Ward Drive around 2 a.m. Sunday.
Police said multiple vehicles were leaving the area as units arrived. Witnesses informed officers there was an altercation between two sororities in an apartment and it continued into the parking lot.
Police said, at some point, an unknown person discharged a firearm, which caused the crowd to disperse.
Officers found four 45 Auto shell casings and one 45 GAP shell casing, the police report states. Police said many people that were interviewed claimed no knowledge of the gun shots.
• Vehicle breaking or entering, Quail Creek Drive. A Conway man says his vehicle was entered Saturday afternoon, and more than $800 worth of property was stolen, while at a friend’s house in the 1400 block of Quail Creek Drive.
The 40-year-old victim said he was helping his friend with errands, and stated he and his friend were back-and-forth between his vehicle and his friend’s home. The victim said when they finished, he noticed his vehicle had been entered and his property, including more than $500 in prescription medicine and $116 cash, was stolen.
The victim told police the vehicle was left unlocked and the windows rolled down.
• Vehicle breaking or entering, Pauls Lane. Conway police say two vehicles parked at a residence on Pauls Lane were entered sometime Friday night.
The 48-year-old victim told police the two vehicles were both parked in his driveway, and left unlocked. The victim reported two checkbooks and $40 in change stolen.
Police advised the victim to report the thefts to his bank.
• Residential burglary, Centennial Club Drive. A Conway woman says her wallet, which contained several credit cards, was stolen from her car, which was parked in her garage, sometime Friday night from her residence in the 1400 block of Centennial Club Drive.
The 41-year-old victim said the car, parked in the garage, was left unlocked and said she did not close the garage until around 12:38 a.m. Saturday.
The victim said she had noticed unauthorized transactions at Wal-Mart. Police advised the victim to obtain the cards’ account numbers and alert officers.
• Disorderly conduct, College Avenue. Conway police arrested a Pine Bluff man Saturday morning for public intoxication and disorderly conduct after responding to a report of a combative patient at the Conway Regional Medical Center emergency room.
Police responded to the hospital around 1:30 a.m. and made contact with the 22-year-old who was “in only his boxer shorts and spitting on himself,” the police report states.
Hospital staff informed officers that the man was at the hospital for “treatment as unresponsive due to alcohol consumption,” but eventually became “responsive and combative with staff” while receiving treatment.
The man was arrested and taken to the Faulkner County jail after receiving treatment. Police said the man fell to the floor, while in the intake hall, and began vomiting.
Police said the man was unable to sign his citations.
(Staff writer Lee Hogan can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505-1246. Follow Lee Hogan on Twitter at https://twitter.com/LCD_LeeHogan. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)