By LINDA HICKS
SPECIAL TO THE LOG CABIN
• A little Eagle told me that Sunnie Ruple has tickets to the Antique Road Show.
• Copperheads are worse this year, according to the outdoorsmen. Many reports of near bites.
• If I was a betting person, I would wager we will be seeing a new beauty shop in Vilonia soon.
Vilonia High School senior Corie Gunter has registered for cosmetology school following in mom’s footsteps.
• The ArCare Walk in clinic, according to a little Eagle, is going in red brick house on Main next to service station.
• Tango Grill has the sign up as opening on Highway 36 in the old home of the old Roosters restaurant.
• A lot of mothers are crying about their children graduating high school.
Vilonia’s graduation is set for 10 a.m., May 16.
• Going to miss the Mashburn family in Vilonia.
An Air Force family, they are being transferred to Germany for a three-year tour.
Hope there’s time for formal goodbyes.
• Happy Birthday Jonathan Thorn, Evan Ledo, Mallory Turner and Jordan Mills.
• Happy anniversary Becca and Wayne Robinson.
• New tornado sirens up in Vilonia.
• You may have missed the art show held at the Vilonia City Hall but you don’t have to miss the exhibit.
It is on permanent display there now.
Go in and take a gander.
• Can they do it? The Vilonia Disaster Recovery Alliance has a lofty goal to raise $45,000 in a 45-day event which kicked off May 1 and will run until June 14.
They need the money to rebuild their building destroyed by the tornado.
• Congrats to VES art teacher Tara Petty who has earned another degree from ASU.