First Day of School
• LTD Edition Silver Streak Cloggers, 10-11 a.m., Greenbrier City Event Center, 5 Lois Ln. Contact Director/Instructor Cj Conine to register, 501-730-2487 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit: www.LTDEdition.webs.com.
• Bereavement Support Group, noon, Conway office of Arkansas Hospice, 1014 W. Markham St. Open to anyone who has experienced a loss. Carol Fitch, 328-5400.
• American Sign Language classes, 5:30 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St.
• Women’s Weekly Closed Alcoholic Anonymous meeting, 5:45-6:45 p.m., Grace Methodist Church, 1075 Hogan Ln., Room 117. Sara S., 764-8062.
• Henry Hawk’s free fitness class, 6 p.m., First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall, 2400 Prince St. Free and open to all denominations. An exercise mat and hand weights (personal choice of total weight) are needed.
• American Sign Language classes, 6 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St.
• Point of Grace Clothes Closet, 6-8 p.m., 767 Hwy. 64 B. Must bring a photo ID; can visit the shop once per month.
• Andy Tanas, 6-8 p.m., JJ’s Grill, 1010 Main St.
• Life After Prison Ministries, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Fellowship Bible Church, 1051 Hogan Ln. Parole, Probation, Drug Court, reentry mentoring and life skills. Christian applications to recovery and restoration.
• Celebrate Recovery, 6:30-9 p.m., New Life Church, 633 S. Country Club Rd. Anonymity and confidentiality strictly upheld. Childcare Provided. Free and open to the public. Alison, 501-410-3728, or visit: http://celebraterecoverynlc.blogspot.com.
• Planning Commission meeting, 7 p.m., District Court Building, 810 Parkway.
• Al-Anon, 7 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 1610 Prince St. For more information and on holidays, call 501-831-4933.
• Vilonia Water Works Association, 7 p.m., 1089 Main St.
• The Conway Running Club, 7-8 p.m., Conway Regional Health and Fitness Center, 700 Salem Rd. Visit: www.conwayrunning.com.
• Conway Morning Optimist Club, 6 a.m., Hilton Garden Inn, 805 Amity Rd. Jim Baker, 730-3519.
• Conway Morning Rotary, 7 a.m., Presidents Dining Room, UCA campus, 201 Donaghey Ave.
• Conway Noon Lions Club, 11:30 a.m., China Town, 201 Skyline Dr. #12A. Guest speaker: Tom Cotton, Congressman for the 4th Congressional District of Arkansas. He is a veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan war and a candidate for the U.S. Senate.
• Conway Noon Optimist Club, 11:30 a.m., Mulan’s, 790 Elsinger Blvd.
• Conway Community Meditation, 12:30 p.m., The Locals, 1024 Van Ronkle St.
• Alateen meeting, 6 p.m., Salem United Methodist Church, 1018 Salem Rd.
• Conway Radio Control Association of model airplanes, 7 p.m., Smitty’s Barbeque, 740 S. Harkrider St. Show up earlier to give yourself time to eat. Open to any model airplane enthusiasts (family members invited).
• Vilonia City Council meeting, 7 p.m., 18 Bise St.
• Al-Anon, 7:30-8:30 p.m., Salem United Methodist Church, 1018 Salem Rd. Marge, 329-5360, or Wanda, 472-9703.
• Connect Arkansas free Adult Digital Literacy Classes, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Students are requested to register in advance by calling the library, 327-7482 or email email@example.com. Free and open to the public.
• Alderman Wes Pruitt and Alderwoman Shelley Mehl are hosting a Ward 2 meeting, 5:30-8 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. This is the annual general information meeting for Ward 2, and will include information about the sales tax rededication, street projects, Markham and Pine Street development projects. Representatives from the Planning and Streets departments will also be attending. Ward 2 is the northeast section of the city of Conway north of Oak Street and east of Salem Road. For any additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please send items for Roundabout to Jessica Cole at www.thecabin.net/events and click “Create Event.” To view a complete listing of events, go to www.thecabin.net/events.)