• The Salvation Army taking applications for Christmas assistance, 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., The Salvation Army, 2125 Harkrider, Suite 12, for Cleburne, Faulkner, Perry and Van Buren County residents. Call The Salvation Army, 329-1712, ask for Captain Joanna Robinson or Debbie Hendrix, social service director, or visit: www.salvationarmyusa.org.
• Conway AARP Chapter meeting, Conway Senior Citizen Center, 1620 Donaghey Ave., lunch 11:15 a.m. Speakers: Sheron Loetscher and Judy Massingill, First Centennial Bank Travel Department.
• Fall Season of Exhibitions: Angle of Repose by Maysey Craddock; Nature/Nurture, by Jennifer Shaw; Artistic Eye: Works from the Personal Collections of the Art Faculty, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., McCastlain Hall Baum Gallery.
• Our Colors, Our Stories: An exhibit on LGBT activism, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Black Box Student Gallery.
• Mt. Vernon-Enola School Board meeting, 6:30 p.m., Mt. Vernon-Enola High School, 38 Garland Springs Rd.
• Conway Noon Lions Club, 11:30 a.m., 201 Skyline Dr. #12A. Guest speaker: University of Central Arkansas President Tom Courtway.
• Master of Fine Arts students from UCA, under the instruction of Stephanie Vanderslice, will read original works, 7 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Refreshments will be served. Free and open to the public. Call the library, 327-7482, or email Nancy@fcl.org.
• John Willis free concert, 7 p.m., AETN studios, for an upcoming episode of “AETN Presents: On the Front Row.” Arrive at the studio by 6:30 p.m., 350 S. Donaghey Ave. Visit aetn.org.
• Saltillo Volunteer Fire Department Board of Commissioners meeting, 7 p.m., 1 Rolling Manor Dr.
• Mayflower City Council meeting, 7 p.m. Visit: www.cityofmayflower.com.
• Donovon Ceaser, guest artist, piano, 7:30 p.m., Snow Fine Arts Center Recital Hall, 201 Donaghey Ave.