Several special auction items have been lined up for “Take Me Out To the Ball Park,” a fundraiser for the special needs (Miracle League) field to be constructed at Curtis Walker Park.
The event, which will begin at 6 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 24 at the Old Gin and will feature a salute to coach Allen Gum and the UCA baseball team. David Grimes, one of the organizers of the event said he hopes to have three members of last year’s Southland Conference tournament championship team — Jonathan Davis, Forrestt Allday and Jeffrey Enloe — attend the event.
Among the auction items:
• A personalized pair of Titleist wedges, donated by Conway professional golfer Bryce Molder, with “BM” stamped on them.
• The opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a 2014 UCA baseball game.
• The chance for a youngster to be a batboy for a 2014 UCA baseball game.
• The opportunity to take batting practice with the Bears
• An Arkansas Travelers box for one game in 2014
• A visit to your home from Santa Claus
• An autographed football by the new Hendrix football team
In addition, Game 2 of the World Series will be shown on a big-screen television. Ballpark food will be served.
Tickets are $25 each, with all proceeds going to construction of the special needs field, and can be purchased at The Log Cabin Democrat, Randy’s Athletics, The Fieldhouse or by calling Grimes at 501-269-0412.