• Kelly Minter Live, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Second Baptist Church, 701 Polk St. Author, musician, Bible study creator and teacher. Tickets are $20. A light breakfast and box lunch will be provided. Purchase tickets online at www.sbcconway.org/women or at the church office. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
• Sneak Peek of Football at Hendrix, 9 a.m., Hosted by Alumni Association Board of Governors, Hendrix College, 1600 Washington. Free with pre-registration, visit: alumni.hendrix.edu/NetCommunity/tailgating2013.
• Volunteer Literacy Tutor Training, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., combined English as a Second Language (ESL) and Adult Basic Literacy (ABL) Tutor Training Workshop. Register in advance at: www.literacylittlerock.org, or call 329-7323. Faulkner County Library, Meeting Room 2, 1900 Tyler St.
• Eastside Baptist Church collecting household items, appliances, clothing and personal items for its Third Annual Free For All that will be held Sept. 14. Items may be brought to the church, 1735 E. Oak St., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Call 329-6232.
• UCA Volleyball vs University of Texas-Pan American, 11 a.m., Prince Center, UCA Campus, 201 Donaghey Ave.
• The National Association of Active and Federal Employees (NARFE) annual fall picnic, 11:30 a.m., Toad Suck Park, Pavilion #3. Bring a desert and a non-perishable food item to be donated to Bethlehem House. Bill Johnson, 501-336-0265, or Pat Hatfield, 501-327-4350.
• Hendrix Football vs Westminster (MO), 1 p.m., Hendrix College, 1600 Washington.
• Affordable Care Act Made Simple, 7 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Free and open to the public. Call the library, 501-327-7482 or email Nancy@fcl.org, Facebook and Twitter.
• LIQUID KITTY, 8 p.m., TC’s Midtown Grill, 1611 E. Oak. Little Rock band.
• Dangerous Idiots, 9 p.m., Bear’s Den Pizza, 235 Farris Rd. Free admission.
• UCA Men’s Soccer vs University of Missouri-Kansas City, 11 a.m., Prince Center, UCA Campus, 201 Donaghey Ave.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 2259 Bingo, 1-4 p.m. Open to the general public, Smoke Free environment. 1855 Old Morrilton Hwy (U.S. 64), just north of the intersection with Donaghey, under the Conway Water Tower. Call 329-1230 or visit: www.vfw2259.com.
• UCA Women’s Soccer vs Missouri-Kansas City, 2 p.m., Bill Stephens Track/Soccer Complex, UCA Campus, 201 Donaghey Ave.
• Cliff Hicks, certified Alexander Technique instructor, will give a presentation and demonstration of this technique, 2 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Call the library, 501-327-7482 or email Nancy@fcl.org, Facebook and Twitter.
• Conway Advocates for Gifted and Talented Education, Agate, 2 p.m., Conway Administration Building, 2200 Prince St.