It’s almost time to get your tickets for the 2012-13 UCA Public Appearances season at the University of Central Arkansas.
Single tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday.
Fifteen performances are scheduled for the blockbuster year that will see a broad range of artists reaching a wider cross-section of both campus and community, according to Jerry Biebesheimer, director of UCA Public Appearances.
All performances will be in the Donald W. Reynolds Performance Hall.
The season includes:
• Tim Gunn, UCA Distinguished Lecture, Sept. 24, 7:30 p.m.;
• American Legacies: Preservation Hall Jazz Band and the Del McCoury Band, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, Sept. 30, 3 p.m.;
• The Capitol Steps, Broadway Series, Oct. 8, 7:30 p.m.;
• Rufus Wainwright, Pops Series, Oct. 18, 7:30 p.m.;
• Gary Puckett and the Union Gap — Homecoming Concert, Pops Series, Nov. 1, 7:30 p.m.;
• Shrek The Musical, Broadway Series, Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m.;
• Straight No Chaser, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, Nov. 11, 3 p.m.;
• Celtic Crossroads in A Celtic Christmas, Pops Series, Dec. 9, 3 p.m.;
• A Chorus Line, Broadway Series, Jan. 25, 7:30 p.m.;
• Drumline Live, Broadway Series, Feb. 2, 7:30 p.m.;
• Herman Edwards, UCA Distinguished Lecture, Feb. 12, 7:30 p.m.;
• The American Boychoir, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, March 1, 7:30 p.m.;
• Temptation of the Muses: The Nai-Ni Chen Dance Company and The Ahn Trio, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, March 7, 7:30 p.m.;
• Amy Grant, Pops Series, April 2, 7:30 p.m.;
• The 5 Browns, A Night Out at Reynolds Series, April 15, 7:30 p.m.
“Not only is our next season the biggest performing arts series in Central Arkansas, it’s also the biggest series for any college or university in the state,” said Ashley Love, director of finance and patron services for Public Appearances.
This year patrons may once again subscribe to their choice of the Night Out Series, the Broadway Series or the Pops Series. They may also subscribe to the Performing Arts Package, which combines all 13 events in the Night Out, Broadway and Pops series.
To purchase a subscription package, call (501) 450-3265 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Individual tickets may be purchased online at www.uca.edu/reynolds or by calling (501) 450-3265 beginning Monday.
For more information, contact Biebesheimer at (501) 450-3682 or email@example.com, Love at (501) 852-7889; firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.uca.edu/reynolds. Details about all the upcoming performances as well as information about Reynolds Performance Hall may be found there.