• Mt. Olive Cemetery, located on the corner of Rocky Point Road and Coker Road in Vilonia, is in need of volunteers. Thehistoric cemetery dates back to the 1870s. Don Snow has been the caretaker for many years and has been mowing anddoing general upkeep. He is asking for anyone who has interest in the cemetery to attend a meeting at 1 p.m. at thecemetery to discuss future plans. Everyone is asked to attend and share thoughts and ideas for further upkeep of thecemetery. Call 501-329-5040 for more information.
• The Nursing Home Gift Fund of Faulkner County will host its annual hamburger cookout on the front lawn of the FaulknerCounty Courthouse Tuesday, May 16, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For $5, come get a hamburger, chips and a drink. Fresh-baked cookies will also be sold for $1 a package.
• There will be a Bluegrass Gospel music program presented by the Lindsey Family on Saturday, May 20, at South Side Baptist Church located on Hwy 65, N of Damascus. Start time is 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. No admission charge. A love offering will be taken.
• Needs Creek Baptist Church Cemetery Decoration Day is set May 20 with a potluck at noon. Donations are now being accepted for the upkeep of the cemetery as well. Mail donations to Brent Clay-Sec.Treas. P.O. Box 842, Greenbrier, AR 72058, or call 501-733-8626. To find the church, take Highway 65 North to Springhill, turn right on Highway 287 and drive approximately 3 miles.
• Wesley United Methodist Church 70th anniversary celebration set May 21, beginning at 9 a.m. with a gathering time and light refreshments, followed by a worship service at 10. Former pastor, Rev. Steve Johnson, will deliver the message. Following the service will be a barbeque dinner as well as sharing of stories and memories of the church. Anyone who has an interest in the church is welcome to attend. Call the church office at (501) 327-7629 for more information. Wesley United Methodist Church is located at 2310 E. Oak Street, across from Caldwell Country Store.