• Mr. Nick will perform a magic show at 10 a.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Call 501-327-7482 or email email@example.com. Event is free.
• “Cook the Book” is set at 6 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Take a favorite recipe from a featured cookbook each week to try at home. Bring it to share and discuss the following week. Call 501-327-7482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Event is free.
• Thursdays from 5-6 p.m. through Aug. 31 the Faulkner County Library at 1900 Tyler St. will host an intermediate jewelry-making class. Previous experience is required. Bring basic supplies (card stock, decorative paper, scissors and glue). For additional information, email CardsandJewelry@gmail.com. Beginner classes resume in the fall. Event is free.
• Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. through Aug. 31 the Faulkner County Library at 1900 Tyler St. will host an advanced card-making class. Previous experience is required. Bring basic supplies (card stock, decorative paper, scissors and glue). For additional information, email CardsandJewelry@gmail.com. Beginner classes resume in the fall. Event is free.
• The Conway Community Band will host a free public concert at the Kris Allen Stage in Simon Park in downtown Conway. The concert starts at 7:30 p.m. Guests can bring their lawn chair, a blanket or even a picnic. The community band is sponsored by Virco and hosted by the Conway Downtown Partnership. It also receives support through several other local corporate sponsors, including the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce and the Log Cabin Democrat. For more information, contact Ricky Brooks at 450-5764 or email@example.com; or Robin Ratliff at 450-4880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Damascus Fire Department is holding a fundraiser at 6 p.m. The event will be held at the Water Department on North Road. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and fireworks (weather permitting.)
• Pickin’ Porch is held each Saturday at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Bring instruments or come and listen. For more information, call 501-327-7482 or email email@example.com. Event is free.
• Ms. Arkansas USA Ambassador Sabra Harris Presents: Princess Ball @ The Castle in Greenbrier, 227 Hwy. 25. There will be Disney Princesses and Princes, a Cinderella Carriage, dancing and more. This fundraiser is to support Nationals and Big Brother Big Sister Program. The event will be held July 8 from 6-8 p.m. For ticket information visit Eventbrite@Ms Arkansas USA Ambassador. To donate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Woolly Hollow State Park in Greenbrier will host Girls Adventure Day Camp July 11-13. The camp is for girls ages 7-11 and includes activities such as hiking, camping skills, kayaking, and crafting. For more information or to register email email@example.com or call 501-679-2098.
• Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre continues its 2017 season at the University of Central Arkansas. Plays will be presented on the lawn across from the president’s house on Donaghey and at Reynolds Performance Hall. “Love’s Labour’s Lost” will run through July 7 on the lawn and is a “pay what you can” show. Also on the schedule is “Julius Caesar,” running Friday-July 9 at Reynolds; Meredith Willson’s “The Music Man,” on Friday through July 8 at Reynolds; and “The Taming of the Shrew,” June 29-July 9 at Reynolds. For show times and ticket information, log onto www.arshakes.com/2017season.