• “Cook the Book” is set at 6 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Take a favorite recipe from a featured cookbook each week to try at home. Bring it to share and discuss the following week. Call 501-327-7482 or email email@example.com. Event is free.
• Thursdays from 5-6 p.m. through Aug. 31 the Faulkner County Library at 1900 Tyler St. will host an intermediate jewelry-making class. Previous experience is required. Bring basic supplies (card stock, decorative paper, scissors and glue). For additional information, email CardsandJewelry@gmail.com. Beginner classes resume in the fall. Event is free.
• Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. through Aug. 31 the Faulkner County Library at 1900 Tyler St. will host an advanced card-making class. Previous experience is required. Bring basic supplies (card stock, decorative paper, scissors and glue). For additional information, email CardsandJewelry@gmail.com. Beginner classes resume in the fall. Event is free.
• Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre begins its 2017 season at the University of Central Arkansas. Plays will be presented on the lawn across from the president’s house on Donaghey and at Reynolds Performance Hall. “Love’s Labour’s Lost” will run Friday through July 7 on the lawn and is a “pay what you can” show. Also on the schedule is “Julius Caesar,” beginning June 23-July 9 at Reynolds; Meredith Willson’s “The Music Man,” June 16-July 8 at Reynolds; and “The Taming of the Shrew,” June 29-July 9 at Reynolds. For showtimes and ticket information, log onto www.arshakes.com/2017season.
• The Conway Community Band will host free public concerts at the Kris Allen Stage in Simon Park in downtown Conway. The concerts start at 7:30 p.m. June 9 and 30. Guests can bring their lawn chair, a blanket or even a picnic. The community band is sponsored by Virco and hosted by the Conway Downtown Partnership. It also receives support through several other local corporate sponsors, including the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce and the Log Cabin Democrat. For more information, contact Ricky Brooks at 450-5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Robin Ratliff at 450-4880 or email@example.com.
• Pickin’ Porch is held each Saturday at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Bring instruments or come and listen. For more information, call 501-327-7482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Event is free.
• Plates and Palettes: Bruschetta and Brushes, 5-8 p.m., UCA Downtown. Culinary and art join forces. Connie Tipton will conduct an interactive demonstration of Italian-style bruschettas. Next, Branch Out Paint Bar’s artist will guide you through replicating the night’s featured painting. Get more information, costs and register online at http://uca.edu/outreach.
• Conway Parks will be have a summer basketball league this year. The meeting will be held June 12 at the McGee Center. Limited spots available. Call the Sports Center at 501-450-6186 for questions.
• Danny Santos will be live in concert at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., on Tuesday, June 13, at 7 p.m. The event is open and free to the public.
• On June 17, Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., hosts a free writer’s workshop with singer-songwriter Kerry Grombacher to be followed by a concert, “Jumpstart Your Creativity.” The workshop begins at 10 a.m., followed by the 2 p.m. concert. The event is free and open to the public.