As the temperatures dip, and the leaves begin to change, we’re looking forward to diving into the fall season with fun events, all happening in Downtown Conway.
• Downtown Christmas Open House — Sunday, November 12, 1-4 p.m.
• Small Business Saturday — November 25, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
• Illuminate 2017, Saturday, November 25, 6 p.m., Rogers Plaza
Visit: DowntownConway.org for more details about these events.
Available Property in Downtown
Looking for commercial or residential property in the downtown Conway area? Contact Kim Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501.932.5407 for more information about properties for sale or lease in Downtown Conway.
• John Daly’s Steakhouse — 912 Front Street
• WunderHaus — 900 Locust Avenue — Tuesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. —European Comfort Food, dine in or mobile catering — Facebook and Instagram — 501-358-6806
• Bancorp South — 1309 Main St. — www.bancorpsouth.com
• MNB Bank — 1025 Markham St. — mnbbank.com
• Angie Davis Photography & Boudoir — 1131 Front St. — angiedavisboudoir.com or follow on Facebook
• Art Experience, Inc. — Highlight on miniature frames, erfect for dollhouses. Your miniature artwork can be added, as well as a mat or glass if needed. Check out www.artexperienceinc.com for details
• Carmen’s Art & Antiques — Storewide reduction sale, browse art by local artists — 1022 Oak St.
• Bevy’s Custom Drapery, Monograms and Gifts — 1022 Oak St.
• E. Leigh’s — October Customer Appreciation Month: Oct. 15-20 — BOGO on sweaters/ Oct. 22-31 — $30 off $75 or more/Student, teacher and military discount is 10 percent off with ID — 1089 Front St.
• Lefler’s — Clinque gift days: 7-piece gift with purchase of $28 or more — 1114 Oak St.
• Outfit Alley — 1010 Oak St. — mention Downtown Dollop/ Downtown Rundown for 20 percent off any single item — military, student discount with ID.
• Wyck’s Place — Free Haircuts and $10 color, first Tuesday of the month starting Nov. 7 , 9a.m. - 6p.m. — 906 Front Street
• Downtown Conway Farmers & Crafts Market — Market hours are Saturday’s from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. LAST market will be Saturday, October 28 —1132 Front Street
• United Way of Central Arkansas Turkey Trot — Nov. 23 at 8:30 a.m. — Sponsorships and sign ups now available 501-327-5807 or www.uwcark.org
• Board & Brush Creative Studio - 1875 McKennon St., Ste. 500 — boardandbrush.com/conway —Take $10 off your first workshop using code: BBCONWAY
• Central Arkansas Baton Twirlers — 1089 Front St. — arkansasbatontwirling.com
Tuesday, October 17 | Immigration Service Fair | 7 - 9 p.m.
This session informs students and community members about how they can become more involved in working with organizations that help immigrant communities. The session will include discussions from students and faculty members who have engaged service-learning projects as well as a service-fair in which attendees can learn more about various organizations. This event is free and open to the public. For additional information, please contact Zach Smith at 501-450-5650.
Thursday, November 2 | Risk Management & Succession Planning|6 - 8 p.m. | UCA Downtown
The purpose of this seminar is to help you identify possible risks and develop strategies to reduce or alleviate those risks and to learn the steps necessary to prepare succession plans for your business. A limited number of scholarships are available for minority, women and veteran business owners. Please check the registration page for details.
Mondays, November 6 - 27 | Cake Decorating 3 | 6 - 8 p.m.
Participants will learn how to assemble a bow with ease, tint gum paste and fondant, and practice the principles of floral cake design.
Sunday, November 12 | Cookies with Santa | UCA Downtown | 1 - 4 p.m.
Monday, November 13 | Arkansas Coding Academy Demo Day | 1 - 3 p.m. | UCA Downtown
Come out and see the applications the full-time and part-time classes of the Coding Academy have created.
Thursday, November 16 | Arkansas Coding Academy Open House | 5 - 7 p.m.
The Coding Academy offers both full-time and part-time classes. Staff will be on hand to discuss the opportunities offered by coding.
Please call Autumn at 501-450-3118 to register for these activities.
• JJ’s Grill — 1010 Main St.
• King’s Live Music — 1020 Front St. — Live Karaoke every Thursday from 9:30 p.m.-1 a.m., ages 18 and older. No cover. — Mountain Sprout will perform live Oct. 28 at 10 p.m. Tickets are $5. Call 501-205-8512 for reservations.